I'll be glad to see if there can be a TASM board here.
Posted on 2003-05-06 05:20:29 by KomsBomb
How can we help you about Tasm?
What's the problem?
Posted on 2003-05-06 05:23:08 by Vortex
That's true ! Tell us why !!! :mad:
It is a plot against TASM users !!! :mad:
Posted on 2003-05-06 05:27:15 by JCP
LOL.

I have no question on TASM to ask.
I only wonder whether this all forum is for MASM only. If so, I think maybe I enter a wrong door :)

Thank you for the quickly reply.
Posted on 2003-05-06 05:31:36 by KomsBomb
there used to be one but it didn't interest people.

about 17 posts in the tasm forum versus a few thousand in the masm. tasm is pretty dead.
Posted on 2003-05-06 05:37:13 by Hiroshimator
More seriously, Hiro is right, but users that have TASM questions can ask in the Main forum, but it is true that you will never get the same support as if you were using MASM or better FASM...
Posted on 2003-05-06 05:40:12 by JCP
o I seem to have missed that part of the question.

you can ask questions here about all assemblers, an answer is never guaranteed of course but feel free to ask :)
Posted on 2003-05-06 05:45:37 by Hiroshimator
I won't argue on TASM and MASM.
But to be honest, I know some best TASM gurus, they write tens of thousands of pure assembly code lines in there work.
TASM has been stopped developed, sigh :(
Posted on 2003-05-06 05:48:08 by KomsBomb

I won't argue on TASM and MASM.
But to be honest, I know some best TASM gurus, they write tens of thousands of pure assembly code lines in there work.
TASM has been stopped developed, sigh :(

...and is full of bugs. and i still use it :rolleyes:
Posted on 2003-05-06 09:18:49 by Tola

You know Bogdan? :grin:
Posted on 2003-05-06 09:32:51 by bazik
Yeah, sure he did not exactly know me ...

because i wrote hundred of thousands of pure TASM lines :D ...not only thousands :P

Sure ask me man, i might know the answer to a few TASM issues

Also there is a board for TASM on inprise site, i also ask questions there from time to time ... and always got answers

http://newsgroups.borland.com/cgi-bin/dnewsweb?cmd=xover&group=borland.public.tasm&utag=
Posted on 2003-05-06 11:34:07 by BogdanOntanu
Hello, Bogdan,
What's your nick name on Borland TASM group? I almost visit there daily, my nick name there is Koms Bomb too.
I'm glad to meet a TASM gurus here :alright:
Posted on 2003-05-06 20:23:44 by KomsBomb
Hi,

My name there is also BogdanOntanu ... as almost everywhere ...
Posted on 2003-05-06 20:27:13 by BogdanOntanu
I guess you haven't post message there for some time :)
Are you interesting in TASM OOP?
Posted on 2003-05-06 20:29:58 by KomsBomb
I have posted but they erase old messages quite fast :D
or maybe we do not talk about the same board ...

Sure i am somehow interested i have an Operation System : SOLAR OS free with source code in development and it has a GUI that somehow uses the Object concept. But i have not tryed the OOP things includes in TASM.

Because i think i will sometimes in the future have to either develop my own TASm compatible assembler (free) and/or switch to FASM ...

Besides i am an low level oriented programmer i do objects my way.

In a previouse disscusion about OOP in ASM on this board i have said that Objects are just structures that have pointers to code/procedures inside them.

So an object is nothing more than a mixture of data and code :D .... but because holding code in data sections is not always possible -- nor it is realistic unless in a VM -- we use pointer to code.
Posted on 2003-05-06 20:53:37 by BogdanOntanu
I'm much interesting in TASM OOP and do much work on it.
I've write a TASM Object Model, using TABLE directive, It supports RTTI, interface,
dynamic method, etc. I also write some macros to simulate TABLE, so now it's possible to write true OOP code in other assemblers that don't support 'TABLE' like MASM, NASM, etc.
I've post message in Borland TASM newsgroup(no one reply :( ), you can have a look. Or you can visit my homepage for much detail.
http://www.mujweb.cz/www/komsbomb/dev/tom/tom.htm
Posted on 2003-05-06 21:02:38 by KomsBomb