I'm trying to find mathmatical physics forulas.. It's for a 3D engine that i been working on with a few freinds. All we were going to do is build a game, but when we saw the price tag on some of those 3D engines out there. We decide to make our own. So if any one can help me with finding physics formulas, It would help alot.

Cody
Posted on 2003-05-07 17:06:35 by Worms
NOTE: We been working on this engine for 3 months now. and we're NOT a bunch of newbe's
It works fine just adding better detail to it now.
Posted on 2003-05-07 17:33:44 by Worms
I assume you want the basic (non-calculus) vector equations of (projectile) motion including the effects of gravity? Here's one link

http://www.sasked.gov.sk.ca/docs/physics/u5c3phy.html
Posted on 2003-05-07 19:29:49 by Masmer
Posted on 2003-05-07 19:36:51 by bitRAKE
If your physics engine work ends up being modular in nature, why not share it with us? I'm always interested in applied mathematics, and would personally love to see what you come up with..
Posted on 2003-05-08 02:23:43 by Homer
Well i can't right now release any information. But we are finishing the engine in 1-2 months. and then putting our game out. We were thinking about giving it out once we made a little money from our game. We are trying to make it like the mathengine.com engine. They had it free to the public 3 years ago. Until the big companys with there money changed there minds about having it free. So we want to have ours the same kind of thing just free. :cool:
Posted on 2003-05-08 11:18:50 by Worms
I understand the math perfectly - it's the implementation that interests me - your object model, your method of sharing data across objects, things like that.
Are you keeping a data-per-object model similar to a particle engine, or are you keeping a mapped array database, where objects map indices into a shared block of data, or something else altogether? Do you pass object pointers in your function calls, or do you pass pointers to vertices, or vertex indices, or raw triaxial data, or something else? These are the topics which interest myself and others here.
Posted on 2003-05-10 02:20:36 by Homer
Well i can't Disclose anything to the public yet about how we are doing the coding. Most of which you want to know is part of our core of the engine. I'll tell every one here about the release of the engine once we finish our game. The engine source code as of this point might be release in 5 months to a year.. It'll be free of charge and the only thing that'll stop you from making a game is your self. Sorry once i have promission to talk more about the engine then i can help you out.
Posted on 2003-05-14 23:15:03 by Worms