Man you have got me..

This package is so GOOD and so full of features that i have decided to move the whole HE project under RadAsm. Soon you can tell everybody that RADASM is used to manage a huge 250K+ lines of code asm proiect

Just a few things i have noticed while moving the HE project:

-the Output window -- while very usefull -- is sometimes poping up when it should not an annoys me. I suggest a button that will put it up/down on my command
-ENDP is just as valid as My_proc ENDP as a procedure termination but procedures that finish only in ENDP can not be colapsed?
- colapsing .data , .code macro would be very usefull also
-the file and path on the right of each procedure in properties window is way too much to the right
-TASM uses STRUC not STRU or STRUCT for STRUCTURES

My_Proc PROC
USES eax,ebx,ecx
ARG arg01:dword
LOCAL tmp_x1:dword
ENDP

is a valid and expanded procedure definition, in the above case ARG, LOCAL and USES are not sysntax highlited?

The list of procedures and variables and constants in all files and or selected file JUST ROCKS!!!
... not to mention the whole rest

Thank you
Bogdan
Posted on 2003-05-08 15:22:53 by BogdanOntanu
Hi Bogdan,

For the output window thing you'll find the answer in the faq of my help file. The show/hide output button on the toolbar controls it (small doc with magnifying glass)
Q: The output windows in RadAsm is opened every time the mouse passes the status bar. How do I disable this behaviour?
A: Open RadASM.ini and change 1=FlipCase.dll,63 to 1=FlipCase.dll,31
Posted on 2003-05-08 15:39:01 by donkey
"-TASM uses STRUC not STRU or STRUCT for STRUCTURES"

Change the followining in TASM.INI:

Struct=$-,ends,struct

to

Struct=$-,ends,struc

"in the above case ARG, LOCAL and USES are not sysntax highlited?"

See the Keywords page in the Customizing RadASM section of the help file for setting syntax hilighting.
Posted on 2003-05-08 15:59:37 by donkey
Yes,
i did that donkey thanks for tips and the help file :)
Posted on 2003-05-08 16:28:19 by BogdanOntanu
No probs Bogdan,

I'm doing the assembler specific section right now and I'm shamelessly trying to recruit help. Currently I have to set up each assembler myself and without knowing the ins and outs it can be difficult. It would help me alot if you could make some installation notes for your tasm setup. :please:

I am also working on an expanded Advanced section that covers all of these INI editing topics for future users to use in setting up RadASM.
Posted on 2003-05-08 16:34:24 by donkey
Sure i will provide some TASm setup info for RadAsm
Posted on 2003-05-08 16:46:35 by BogdanOntanu
Hi Bogdan

Great that you like RadASM.
RadASM was created with large projects in mind.

-ENDP is just as valid as My_proc ENDP as a procedure termination but procedures that finish only in ENDP can not be colapsed?
- colapsing .data , .code macro would be very usefull also

I will see what I can do.

-the file and path on the right of each procedure in properties window is way too much to the right

This info is not intended for the user to see. It is used by RadASM.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-05-09 01:37:55 by KetilO
Well That file/path info could be usefull for the user also IMHO, esp where huge projects have many many files, anf fast visual checking in what file is each procedure can sometimes help organize things.

One more thingy about multiple files / folders:

Obviousely in huge projects like HE i have many files and many folders, ~1000files and 40 folders. The fact that the folder is in front of the file in the project is good and bad in the same time.

Good because i know that the file is in a folder and it somehow resembles my folder organizatio when ordering the list of files .... bad because when i serach for actions_unit_selectd.asm file i will usually search it by its name, but because the file might be in "units_ai" folder or in "extra" folder it might actually be at the end of list.

However i will not like the folder heding removed because that is usefull also. We just need to find a way to deal with those files/folders/subfolders thingy...

One way will be a search too inside the project files list and in the procedures , variables list. Although the procedures list --- even if huge in HE project -- can be easyly searched because its alphabetically sorted.

Anyway i just have to say again that RadAsm is incredible good work!

And at the end my TASM project settings that i find much more usefull for huge projects:
besides the standard RadASM thingy there (that i somehow not fully understand yet) i use this:

tasm32.EXE /ml /kh32768 /l

Where the /l is used only in debug build or when i want some extra check, because generating full listing can be time consuming

1)The /mx switch is wrong and should be changed in /ml as WIn32ASM stuff is all case sensitive IMHO
2) /m4 makes a better executable but slower build, sometime huge projects require /m6
2)the /kh32768 or /kh16384 is required for huge projects that eat up a lot of hash symbol space
3) the / in TLINK32 is accepted but default is - so it should be -x -V4.0 etc

Other flags are user optional but i have had some problems with /zi in huge projects -- like unable to finish builing (not an RadAsm problem it is an TASM issue)
Posted on 2003-05-10 20:15:54 by BogdanOntanu