Seems ebx*4 places the array where I want it. Cool. You can check out what I have thus far (admittedly not much) by visiting:

http://members.tripod.com/~panks/hlaadv.html

This game will be based off my generic Westfront PC game engine, a la MUD-style with color-coded text, etc. Since it's my first effort in HLA assembly, I hope it is fun to play when finished.

Now I just have to add in the rest of the verbs and put in a fighting routine. Maybe add some quests to spruce things up.

I do have one quick question. In the code below:

str.index(w,"north");
if((type int32 eax) >= 0) then
mov(1,s);
endif;
str.index(w,"n");
if((type int32 eax) >= 0) then
mov(1,s);
endif;

"n" doesn't seem to be picked up with stdin.get(w). I can get it to respond to "north", but not "n". str.index(w,"n") should pick up the letter "n" in the string "w", and even though it's one character in length, n should then set the verb (stored in s) to 1, just like "north" sets "s" to 1.

Got the other part working. Had to use "&&" for AND. Somewhere between lack of sleep and Mountain Dew lies the answer.

Sincerely,

Paul Panks
dunric@yahoo.com
Posted on 2003-05-08 22:22:15 by Paul Panks
See the reply in comp.lang.asm.x86 (or was it alt.lang.asm?).
This code works fine for me.
Cheers,
Randy Hyde
Posted on 2003-05-09 23:35:42 by rhyde
It's a pity that "kill paladin" ain't working :P
Posted on 2003-05-10 12:39:19 by AceEmbler
Ace,

I think I'll add the fight routine in today. The use command also isn't implemented. But I did put in the examine command yesterday, and a few other commands.

Sincerely,

Paul
Posted on 2003-05-10 12:57:28 by Paul Panks