Afternoon, Ratch.

In any case, would you be concerned about educational quality if your local school or institution of higher learning stressed style over substance?

umm.....
This isn't a local school or institute of higher learning.

It's the Win32Asm Community MessageBoard.
We're full of style.:cool:

Also: it was pretty obvious who gladiator was quoting:grin: .

Cheers,
Scronty
Posted on 2003-05-18 17:32:46 by Scronty

gladiator, In the future, please indicate whom you are quoting.

Ratch,

Sharing your opinions on how you think things should be done is one thing, but your crossing the line of acceptable behavior when your telling members how they should behave. This has nothing to do with what gladiator expressed, and everything to do with how I see you treating gladiator. Be warned Ratch, I will not tollerate you talking down to members like this.

:NaN:
Posted on 2003-05-18 18:09:04 by NaN
Nan,

Sharing your opinions on how you think things should be done is one thing, but your crossing the line of acceptable behavior when your telling members how they should behave. This has nothing to do with what gladiator expressed, and everything to do with how I see you treating gladiator. Be warned Ratch, I will not tollerate you talking down to members like this.

I am mystified by what is bugging you, Nan. I have never told anyone on this form how they should behave. Asking someone to name the quote source, (which I did politely, with a please) is not telling him how to behave. Please look at my past posts and show me where I told anyone how to behave. Ratch
Posted on 2003-05-18 20:12:45 by Ratch
Scronty,

umm.....
This isn't a local school or institute of higher learning

True, but it does share a goal of imparting correct information, doesn't it?
Also: it was pretty obvious who gladiator was quoting

In this case, it was for me or anyone else who is following this thread closely. I recognized what I said. Other times it may not be if there are many intervening posts in between, or a significant amount of time has passed. It is always a good idea to identify quotes. Ratch
Posted on 2003-05-18 20:29:04 by Ratch
*from a purely neutral perspective, and not to get too involved here*

NaN is a great contributor to this forum, but I think what Ratch is saying is very important. You (people in general) should strive to be correct, and learn material in the correct ways. Not one of Ratch's statements was demeaning or "talking down" to NaN.

Nan, it seemed to me you got angry and very defensive over what Ratch said. Lets close this thread, and have two great minds continue to contribute important material, I know NaN that you challanged Ratch to write some tuts, but if he deems it unnecessary, then so be it. He seems to know electrical physics very well, and he has offered to help with individual questions, which I think is very important too.

Can we all just get along?:grin:
Posted on 2003-05-26 17:02:47 by Asm_Freak
I wont deny some of Ratch's "corrections" were irratating. You spend hours of your free time to write freely and without condition your views on something, and have to accept someone feels free to nit-pick over what i view as minor details. However, im not angry at Ratch, and i do feel he was out of line telling someone what to do (especially when the next thread i read is ratch doing the exact same thing ~ not indicating the author of one of his quotes)

So far i havent seen one clear and deserving correction to anything i have stated. If Ratch only wished to 'add' and after thought, he certainly didnt give me that impression by his style. To be honest, it feels like i have a lawyer on my coat tails ~ as such i dont feel to motivated to "speak freely" anymore... sorry :rolleyes: .

What i have written to date, was done directly via the board sevices, from my experiences and memory directly. To continue what i have started basically means i not only have to write the tutorial. I have to also whip open all my old texts an nullify anything that will give people like Ratch some leverage to "correct" me. And i really dont care to do this, as a free gesture to the board. My time is more valuable to me.

:rolleyes:
NaN
Posted on 2003-05-26 20:09:50 by NaN