Last night I went through all of the messages to try and find out just what the hell I did, and then it dawned on me.

It was not that I had asked for help, but it was the descriptive way that I had said it. I was not reading it the way it was being read. If that makes any sense. (I think someone pointed that out). It does looks like some kind of arrogant demand. As you all know it is somethings hard to put into words what we want, and I failed at that... Sometimes being too clear clouds the point. If you follow me.

You all have to believe me when I say that I do not believe that everyone owes me anything, and I did not mean come arcoss that way. I just felt that I was under attack for some unknown reason. At that point I got really defensive. For this I am really sorry. Like I said before: I really had not read it the same as everyone else.

The only reason I attacked everyone is because I felt like I was being picked on. I am fully aware that there are people on the behind the screen, which are very talented, but I really, like in the real world, must keep my temper.

I honourably apologize to all of you for the poor taste in words that I used to judge you all. This was not right, or fair. I hope you all can forgive me for my actions.

Hutch, I am really sorry for the way that I responded to you, but I did feel attacked by you. I have finally realized what you were trying to say, and I will keep it in mind for further messages in future. Please, this is not a attack on you, but could you point out the error being made softly as apposed to what happened. I feel this is not the first time this has happened, and it will not be the last. I was just misunderstood, and I lost my temper over it.

I am truly Sorry...

So, I apologize to everyone of you, even the ones who have not read this yet. I should not have responded in such a way, and I should not have judged you all in such a manner.

Sorry...

This has been the lesson of my week....:rolleyes:

Another one of those lumps that makes a person...:grin:

I hope in the future that I will be welcomed here, but I will understand if I am not. However, I will not be coming back with another handle. I am not a runner. Just please forgive the errors of my way.

Thank-you
Posted on 2001-10-02 08:15:51 by SpEcIeS
I know I wasn't involved in the discussion, I've decided to stay away from non programming related discussions if I can (so what am I doing here), but I did bear witness to it.

I'm glad to see you took the mature approach and posted this appology, something like this takes guts, and it will be appreciated my them members of this forum.

This forum runs on a spirit of helping, you will benifit most if you appreciate the effort everyone else puts in.
Posted on 2001-10-02 08:28:13 by Eóin
SpEcIeS,

I have always appreciated a guy who is strong enough to make an apology for a matter that could be seen as being less than sensitive. The reason why I am a bit fast on the uptake is so that our forum does not turn into what many other have.

You are certainly welcome here and feel free to both ask questions and help other people answering them, thats why we are all here. You will find that the members are a great bunch of guys who are more than happy to help and you will also find there is a lot of talent here.

Regards,

hutch@pbq.com.au
Posted on 2001-10-02 09:11:46 by hutch--
I do suggest you read the rules prior to posting again :)
Posted on 2001-10-02 09:27:34 by Hiroshimator
Hi.
I'm glad we can start again our meeting on good basis...
That's all.
Everything else has already been said ;).

Don't hesitate to post again here.
Posted on 2001-10-02 10:35:43 by JCP
Hiro,

You have a cat that can type as well ? Our last old cat had ambitions of being a programmer and used to type regularly by walking on the keyboard but sad to say the code would not compile.

Regards,

hutch@pbq.com.au :tongue:
Posted on 2001-10-02 17:29:01 by hutch--