hey there,

in another post (i searched) u said u had posted some examples of a client/server using a custom protocol for handshaking? i'm on page 8 of all your post atm, if you have time, could you please reup them or link the post? i'll continue to search on til im done with all 388 post u made :) assuming i find it before then

would appreciate it

kardis
Posted on 2003-05-14 21:47:37 by xkardisx
lol couldnt find it anyhow, but i think im set. been workin in masm and lookin so good so far ;)
Posted on 2003-05-15 02:38:10 by xkardisx
Ok, let me know if you get stumped, but it sounds like you got the idea...
Posted on 2003-05-15 23:33:47 by Homer
So far so good EvilHomer2k.

I've successfully logged into the particular server, atleast for my account, because part of the login protocol relies on the password. I will have to decompile, or use softice to figure out the algorithm which will be a pain since I'm not all too experience in that field. But for the moment, its a personal project, so the predefined (sniffed) login stuff will have to do just for me, until I decide to publish it to others in my circle.

I've been really analyzing every packet that I send out. The problem again is the author decided to use some algorithm to determine the end packets, or are the end packets just random? :)

Anyhow, I'll probably end up posting about it in the main thread, or algorithm thread, eitherway I'm slowly progressing. :)
Posted on 2003-05-16 00:03:58 by xkardisx
That's up to you.
You can either send something in the session which means the transmission is complete, or simply terminate the session, and let the other end deal with it. I'd recommend the latter, have another state flag which keep state for the whole application, and in your FD_CLOSE handler, check if a transfer was happening when the session ended, or whether the session was open but idle when it ended.
yadig?
Posted on 2003-05-16 04:46:46 by Homer