The poll says it all...

I personally went to see it friday and thought it was as good as the original, if you keep in mind it's mainly setting up for the third part. Quite a few surprises too.
Posted on 2003-05-17 03:36:24 by Qweerdy
If you have seen this movie, please dont discuss details here because some didnt see it yet (it will be shown here in Germany in 5 days IIRC). Thanks!
Posted on 2003-05-17 03:54:02 by bazik
I will see it, it comes to Sweden soon, can hardly wait...
Posted on 2003-05-17 05:52:54 by scientica
It takes that long to get it subtitled in German and Swedish or what? I don't really understand why we got it one day after the US release and you have to wait... but I'm not complaining :tongue:

I hear it's already on eDonkey/eMule as a TeleSync VCD, don't know why anyone would want to see that though. I thought the trailers already gave too much away. Every ten minutes I was like "Hey, I already saw that!".
Posted on 2003-05-17 09:20:10 by Qweerdy
I saw the movie Thursday morning: Taking into account that it is a middle film, setting up for the third one - it was very well done. I have some ideas about what is going to happen in the next one. Some of the special effects were overdone, or not refined to a realistic quality. The twists in the plot are semi-tranparent - taking into account the developing trend in the movies. The amount of detail was incredible - it surely hits the mark on sensory overload - I'm going to have to buy the DVD when it comes out.

Do not leave the theater until after the credits. Almost everyone was gone from their seats and missed something.
Posted on 2003-05-17 09:43:04 by bitRAKE
bitRAKE - Yup I missed that too. I read it on some forum when I got home. Oh well. I might go see it again, and if not I'll just have to try to live with it ;)
Posted on 2003-05-17 10:08:30 by Qweerdy
I am not going to see it : in fact I was been very disappointed by the first one : everybody told me it was great but the plot sucked and the FX were not so incredible (how a guy jumping in slow-motion is a great cool special effect ?)

I will do the same as the first one : watch it at TV at the cinema channel in one year or watch the dvd at friends.
Posted on 2003-05-17 10:58:04 by JCP
everybody go rent "equilibrium"! trust me it's a great movie!
Posted on 2003-05-17 11:09:15 by Hiroshimator

everybody go rent "equilibrium"! trust me it's a great movie!

while your at it see Zardoz
Posted on 2003-05-17 11:28:29 by rob.rice

It takes that long to get it subtitled in German and Swedish or what?

movies don't get subtitled in germany, they get re-dubbed :(
Posted on 2003-05-17 12:30:54 by Tola
Oh my god.... I just imagined Morpheus speaking German. That's just... wrong.
Posted on 2003-05-18 04:07:29 by Qweerdy
I saw the movie. It has plenty of special effects.The Wachovski brothers
spended alot of money for this movie.

This new Matrix movie has it's own philosophy:making our choices and looking for
the meaning of them...

The chef d'oevre of Wachovski brothers:alright:
Posted on 2003-05-18 04:58:42 by Vortex
There is no spoon.
Posted on 2003-05-18 05:09:30 by iblis

Oh my god.... I just imagined Morpheus speaking German. That's just... wrong.

Bur the agents, especially Mr Smith, if they would speak german, somehowe I get the feeling that that would suit them... (:rolleyes: :eek: :grin: )
Mr Smith:
You humans are a... virus. A disease that has infested this planet, and we are simply... the cure.
Sie Menschen sind ein... Virus. Eine Krankheit, die diesen Planeten geplagt hat, und wir sind einfach... das Heilmittel.

Iblis: Don't try to bend the spoon, that's impossible. Instead try to realize the truth, there is no spoon. Then you'll see it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself... :alright:
Posted on 2003-05-18 07:26:17 by scientica
Neo is getting a spoon from a friend.Just see the movie. :)
Posted on 2003-05-18 08:59:10 by Vortex

Neo is getting a spoon from a friend.Just see the movie. :)
I don't believe there is a spoon, but we will have to wait for the next one to see if I'm right. :)
Posted on 2003-05-18 09:55:19 by bitRAKE
quote:

while your at it see Zardoz

Yes ...an older but very good sci-fi.

Great Plot
Posted on 2003-05-18 11:43:21 by IwasTitan

Bur the agents, especially Mr Smith, if they would speak german, somehowe I get the feeling that that would suit them... (:rolleyes: :eek: :grin: )
Mr Smith:
You humans are a... virus. A disease that has infested this planet, and we are simply... the cure.
Sie Menschen sind ein... Virus. Eine Krankheit, die diesen Planeten geplagt hat, und wir sind einfach... das Heilmittel.

I cut out two short samples, so you can hear for yourself :)

Neo/Morpheus:
English
German

Agent Smith:
English
German
Posted on 2003-05-18 13:01:27 by Tola
That sounds horrible lol.

When you dub Keanu Reeves you have to at least use the surfer-dude accent.
Posted on 2003-05-18 13:16:52 by iblis

That sounds horrible lol.

When you dub Keanu Reeves you have to at least use the surfer-dude accent.

haha, yeah. :tongue:
but there are no surfer-dudes in germany (lack of waves...) ;)
Posted on 2003-05-18 13:18:39 by Tola