Special effects certainly don't make a movie.
A good story makes a good movie. have not seen the movie and do no intend too.

The original movie was obviously a one time hit for the creators who will fade into oblivion.

Special affects is also a fad that has passed and will go the way of the dinosaurs because it is not real and modern audiences have had their fill
Posted on 2003-05-18 13:24:00 by angle of repose

Hey angle, good to hear from you again :)

Thanks Donkey, same to you.
Posted on 2003-05-18 13:41:09 by angle of repose

That sounds horrible lol.

I can agree partially about Mopheus :( , but Agent Smith, he rul?z big time!!!
Honestly, I think they should let the agents speak geman instead of english (and put substitles in the english version), when hearing "Mr Smith" speaking greman it gave me the creepy feeling that suits the agents :grin: :alright: :)
Posted on 2003-05-18 15:01:41 by scientica

I can agree partially about Mopheus :( , but Agent Smith, he rul?z big time!!!

you probably wouldn't think so if you spoke german ;)
Posted on 2003-05-18 16:02:10 by Tola
i didn't even see it and i was disappointed... but there was no option for that! :tongue:
Posted on 2003-05-18 17:27:19 by jademtech

you probably wouldn't think so if you spoke german ;)

Well, I read germain (in school), but I don't speak it well, terrible actually (this semester is the last I read german in school, I hope at least, no offecne to germen but I can't stand all these der, des, das, die, dich, uns, euch, es riech _nach_ Kaffee, mir tut der Kopf weh).
It's far more easy to listen to geman, at least then I can guess the meaing of the words (they quite often sounds like old swedish words with a germain touch and article), the other way round is hard (guessing the geman word, I guess wrong about 87% of the time :()
Posted on 2003-05-19 02:20:45 by scientica
i thought matrix I sounded great in german... it's a very -how to describe it-
"sharp"-spoken language, it just suits way better for villains and such. i also
think it fits better to morpheus. the original voices just sound bland, the
german re-dubbed version is kind of more charismatic to me. i mean just
compare the samples... the english version is just like: "bla bla bla computer-
program bla bla bla red pil bla bla" - totally humbling, the german version
of agent smith scares me btw which is great.
Posted on 2003-05-19 05:34:24 by mob
I don't like dubbed anything. I'd rather just read subtitles.
Posted on 2003-05-19 05:40:59 by iblis

I don't like dubbed anything. I'd rather just read subtitles.

me neither :)

the original voices just sound bland, the
german re-dubbed version is kind of more charismatic to me. i mean just
compare the samples...

mh, my intention was to show how lame and uninspired the german dub was.
oh well... :rolleyes: ;)
Posted on 2003-05-19 10:06:29 by Tola
Man I want to see that movie. I also want to see Terminator 3
Posted on 2003-05-19 12:33:47 by x86asm
Matrix Reloaded has a web site .
Where you can see the traler .
I think I will wate untill the IMAX
version comes out .
Posted on 2003-05-20 14:20:58 by rob.rice
I wonder if quotes from Matrix 1 would count as spoilers for Matrix 2?

These are all from Matrix 1:

Morpheus: The Oracle doesn't actually tell us what will happen. She tells us what we must hear.

Trinity: The Oracle told me that I would fall in love with a dead man... so you see, you can't be dead...

Oracle: ...and don't worry about the vase.
Mr. Anderson: What...
<vase crashes>
Oracle: Don't worry, I'll just let one of my boys fix that... You're thinking it's impossible, that no one can see the future... Perhaps you should ask yourself, would the vase have fallen if I hadn't placed it there?

Morpheus: So: What is the Matrix? Control.

Morpheus: ...till someone came who could see the Matrix for what it was. He freed the first of us... the Oracle predicted his return. Many people spent their lives searching for the One. I believe... I believe that the search is now over.

I have lotsa quotables from Matrix 2 too, but maybe they should be in a separate thread, maybe with a warning about spoilers?
Posted on 2003-05-21 02:37:53 by AmkG
Just have to say, i finally saw it tonight.

Very Cool Movie!!

Bullets and hong-kong special effects are not the point to this movie at all. They are a by-product of the themes expressed. If you can't see them then "the matrix has you". There is SOOOOOO much good references i could spend all night showing what is implied and hidden between the lines. Utterly Fantasitc Movie.

Hints to help see the hidden stuff: Brush up on you religion (asian and christian), folk lore, and greek mythology. It would also be good to understand operating systems a bit as well. (but we all got this one pegged ;) ). Pay attention to new characters names ;)

Anywho. Let me know when im alowed to talk openly. I definitely have alot to add here ;) . Go see this movie ~ well worth the ticket price (for a change). Andy and Larry Wachowski definitely did NOT direct "just another special effects movie"!

:alright:
NaN
Posted on 2003-05-24 21:54:38 by NaN
http://maddox.xmission.com/matrix2.html :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Posted on 2003-05-24 23:21:16 by arkane
You should see the "Animatrix" first. They made a couple of references in Reloaded to Animatrix, like the kid and Osiris. Thats all ill say about that.

http://www.intothematrix.com

Both were very good. Can't wait to see the conclusion.
Posted on 2003-05-26 13:00:34 by mcderek7