Could some one tell me what kind of networking is this and where do i start. I have a friend in another state. He got XP standard and I got 95. I want to place my program on his computer and do some testing. So I got to have access to his Windows, Desktop and the folder that my program is in so i can see it work when I fire it up on his machine... Is this point to point or is it more.

What kind of program should I look for that do this and provide good privacy as i access those locations on his computer. Neither one of us have a real clue.

I have been reading some of the network tutes. I got some of the basic but not this parts.

Thanks
Posted on 2003-05-19 01:32:25 by cmax
Sorry, I don't know what kind of networking it is, however I know really good program that will do this -- VNC.
You can download it here.
Posted on 2003-05-19 09:44:59 by masnick[CCCP]
They say it's just like the other person computer in right in front of you....

This is going to be great but I read nothing yet of security. Maybe i just got to understand it yet.

Thanks masnick

I be into this for a long time to come ... Its so cool

And thanks to the Wizard,

did a lot of reading specially last night... It's going to take time to kick in but i thinks
this little toy can really rush things... at lease i hope..
Posted on 2003-05-19 18:50:21 by cmax
Yes it is a nice tool. I have not use it yet but it sounds good. For get about real protection... that SSH for Windowss can get very expensive... $801.00 min before they get through with you.. Buy others stuff for more features.

Well I guest we really better learn Web Programming to take advange of the free SSH and such...
Posted on 2003-05-20 22:21:14 by cmax
ahem - ssh is secure? hehehe :stupid:
Posted on 2003-05-21 00:37:16 by Homer
EvilHomer2k,

Do this mean its no good. Every place i went say go with ssh2 unless you can find a good free windows versions or deal with other type OS. This is all new to me. Is this just impossible.
Posted on 2003-05-21 01:00:07 by cmax
Just don't expect to be impervious - expect the unexpected - Secure Shell relies on Secure Socket Layer which relies on a published algo - without giving anything much away, SSL relies in turn on a certificate-based key which can be forged.
Posted on 2003-05-22 07:47:27 by Homer