Hi all,

Due to the lack costructive feedback, I suppose there is no interest for this IDE so I will not bother uploading any other new releases of Visual ASM. I have been uploading Visual ASM mainly to have feedback, bug reports, ideas so that it can become better. 100-200 downloads for every new release with only 5 to 10 replies means that I was wasting your time.

If anybody(?) is interested for new releases can reply to this thread and I will be sending new releases privately.

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-05-23 04:18:50 by akyprian
100-200 downloads with only a few replies can also mean you have a good product :)

but don't look at me, I still use notepad :/
Posted on 2003-05-23 04:40:47 by Hiroshimator
Hi akyprian,

As Hiro say, you have a very good product and it is no easy to foind bug.
In my opini?n you have to follow developing, because you are a very good coder and your product excellent. I am following all your releases. Congratulations.

Kind regards
Ipadilla
Posted on 2003-05-23 07:20:23 by ipadilla
Hi all,

Hiroshimator, I may have a good product (I may not). I have been uploading Visual ASM mainly to have feedback, bug reports, ideas so that it can become better.But:
1) Aren't There any bugs? There are always bugs (99% of the software is 99% of the time bug free), and more importantly

2)Isn't there anything that can be done to improve the IDE? I have tens of ideas in my mind; I believe everybody has.

Thanks Hiroshimator.

ipadilla,

Thank you for your kindness. I didn't say I will stop developing :) of Visual ASM. I will inform you for the progress.

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-05-23 07:49:37 by akyprian
Hi akyprian,

I, too, have downloaded your program and started to use it but I've been side tracked by other things so all my programming has been put on hold for a little while. I was very impressed but haven't had a chance to use it. Please keep me up to date, also!

Thanks
Posted on 2003-05-23 10:06:42 by drhowarddrfine
drhowarddrfinedrhoward,

Thanks. You wil be kept up to date.

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-05-23 11:07:57 by akyprian
Where can I download?

Thanks,
_Shawn
Posted on 2003-05-23 11:24:15 by _Shawn
The latest release can be downloaded here Shawn: http://www.asmcommunity.net/board/index.php?topic=13457

Remember that many questions can be answered by using the forum's search button. ;)
Posted on 2003-05-23 11:51:23 by Masmer
akyprian,

I've dowloaded your Visual Asm and a couple of things are striken in my eyes:
1. I always coded with bold Courier font, but VisAsm don't let me set this attribute.
2. I need different color for instructions, jcc, reserved words, registers, etc. I didn't find the way to manage this.
3. I would like to see all my procs, macros and structs as a tree view. I have to work with quite big projects and this is essential.

I think it is enough for a start.

As a good (but not perfect though) example of convinient IDE for assembly programmers(specifically) I suggest to take a look at Visual SlickEdit.

Anyway you do a good work, as I see all coded in assembly :alright:
Posted on 2003-05-24 06:55:29 by masquer
masquer,

I am really sorry for not replying soon but I had very limited access to any PC these days. First of all thanks for your interest and for spending some of your time.

1. I 've never thought that people use Bold in their source code because I never do!!! I will offer this in a new release.

2.It is very easy to modify reserved words, registers and their colors if you edit Masm.vas in the keyfiles folder. The color must be in hexadecimal format e.g 0x01FF0000 (The 1 stands for bold if you so wish). In a future release I will provide a dialog in Visual ASM so that you can make your modifications more easily.

3.Do you think it is not enough to see the procedure names in the combo and when 'Invoking' see all procedures with their parameters? I have some other ideas for macros and structures but not 100% sure yet. I will also think for the Tree View suggestion.

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-05-25 10:37:50 by akyprian
akyprian,

First of all thanks for your interest and for spending some of your time.

Don't mention, good IDE it is 1/3 of successfull work

1. It would be nice
2. Oops, I missed that, thanks.
3. No, imagine that the one have more than 50-70 proc in one file (for me i's an everyday occurrence). I think it's annoying to scroll it. Next, when I press a key, it scrolls to first char occurence and close. Again, when I have more than one procs starting with the same char I have to open combobox again to scroll down for proc I need.
And another thing come to my mind, I suppose it would be usefull thing - my procs code and their prototypes located in the different files (but assume within one project) and if I change the argument number in my code (it is happen sometime) the changes will reflect on the PROTO line. Moreover, it would be amazing to have a button or something like ProcWizard - after pressing a dialog is popping where I can define in the simple edit box the name of a proc, register uses and argument line (multiline, i think), and IDE automatically create and indexed the appropriate code and PROTO. I've never seen something like than in any IDE I tested and it is not really hard to implement.

Wow, how many propositions. And it is not the end, if you wish :)

Good luck :alright:
Posted on 2003-05-26 02:24:32 by masquer
masquer,

I see the difficulties you face although I have very big projects too. I'll see what I can do.

As far as the ProcWizard is concerned I prefer the way it works now; That is, while editing the procedure heading, you get the list with variables and structures and when you press enter you get the procedure skeleton. You mention one goodie though; The PROTO autocompletion sounds good. What do you say?

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-05-26 04:47:16 by akyprian
akyprian,

Yes, for small and quick development VisAsm now is OK. But not enough for big and complex projects. Actually, I didn't found an IDE that satisfy my needs yet :) In the perfect world it would be cool to merge together Visual SlickEdit+UltraEdit+VisAsm/RadAsm+.NET IDE+Visual Assist and apply it to asm.

About autocompletion - I think local variable deserve that too :)

Btw, if it will be convenient enough for you, here is my e-mail: masquer(at)pochta.ws
Posted on 2003-05-26 05:20:50 by masquer
masquer,

Thanks for everything. I'll think about everything and take (hopefully) the best actions.

While editing local variables the variable list popups when needed. What sort of autocompletion for local variables you mean?

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-05-26 05:35:02 by akyprian
akyprian,

I mean if I have:
blabla proc uses edx

local a_very_long_local_variable[20] :BYTE

lea esi, a_ ; and when I here press Ctrl+SPACE I want this name shown in the list
ret
blabla endp
Posted on 2003-05-26 08:12:24 by masquer
OK masquer, I see what you mean. Good idea.

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-05-26 13:56:37 by akyprian