right.......

Iv'e downloaded the IDE Rad ASM & set it to use MASM32 version 8 with:
menu -> project -> set assembler -> MASM

when i assemble a small program its makes the .obj alright, but when i try to link it it gives me the error:

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "?.obj"

Make error(s) occured.

Any ideas on how fix this?

Thanks.
Posted on 2003-05-23 07:46:23 by jay
Hi jay

I have used MASM32 version 8 for several months now without any trouble.
Try opening the project (.rap) file. Maybe it's corrupted.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-05-23 08:17:14 by KetilO
I've meet this problem before.Maybe you link your project before you double click *.asm to open it. And if you don't open it, the path will be "?..." Try to db_click any of the file in your project before you complie!
Posted on 2003-05-24 08:02:38 by pdx1989

I've meet this problem before.Maybe you link your project before you double click *.asm to open it. And if you don't open it, the path will be "?..." Try to db_click any of the file in your project before you complie!

Actually the paths are taken from the RAP file so there is no need to open a file first. Is there a method that you can use to reproduce this on a consistent basis, I'm sure that KetilO would be interested. If this happens on any consistent basis it would be a bug in RadASM.
Posted on 2003-05-24 09:54:38 by donkey
Oh sorry, I guess I made a mistake. I can link or assemble the file before I db_click any of the file in my project. But the tool menu doesn't support this.
For example:
In my radasm.ini, there is a line:

11=&SoftIce,T,D:\PDX1989\SoftIce\loader32.exe,$.exe

Now,I open E:\RadASM\Exercise\xx.rap directly from the "Project" dialog, the project is opened normally. And then I click "Softice" in the tool menu, Softice loader display, but it tell me :

"Error: E:\RadASM\Exercise\$.exe could not be opened."

So I double click xx.asm, and do the same work, softice open my program normally:

"E:\RadASM\Exercise\xx.exe opened successfully"

Is this a bug for RadASM? You can try it on!
Posted on 2003-05-25 04:29:04 by pdx1989
Hi pdx1989

This is how the '$.exe' is supposed to work.
The $ is replaced by the topmost edit filename without extention.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-05-25 05:28:59 by KetilO