How to fill EditBox of ComboBox with bitmap background ???
Posted on 2003-05-26 06:48:37 by AceEmbler
Use WM_CTLCOLOREDIT and WM_CTLCOLORLISTBOX to return a pattern brush (CreatePatternBrush).
Posted on 2003-05-26 07:01:21 by comrade
I do not have COMBOBOXINFO struct in my WINDOWS.INC Version 1.25e so i have to type it manually. But thx i will make it.

But when i have to scroll CB.ListBox with bmp background my background will be bugged. :( damn that microsoft, proper use of bitmaps backgrounds is realy hard to obtain in every control.

CB_GETCOMBOBOXINFO == ????? Who knows ??

k i got this one GetComboBoxInfo
Posted on 2003-05-26 07:32:46 by AceEmbler
create ComboBox.WM_CTLCOLORLISTBOX and WM_CTLCOLOREDIT occured. But what if i have more than one ComboBox or different Boxes, i have to know handle to this ListBox and EditBox befor this messages.But i cant do this becouse i can obtain handle (for example GetComboBoxInfo) to ComboBox after WM_CTLCOLOR..... .

I hope you understand what i mean

invoke CreateWindowEx,NULL,ADDR ComboBoxClassName,NULL,WS_BORDER or WS_CHILD or WS_VISIBLE or CBS_DROPDOWNLIST\
,cCBx,cCBy,cCBWidth,cCBHeight,hWnd,cComboBoxID,hInstance,NULL

;uMsg==WM_CTLCOLORLISTBOX;-------I need handle here :P-----

mov hComboBox,eax ;-------- i can save it here

let me guess Subclassing ??? <---- Any good tutorials for this one ??
Posted on 2003-05-26 15:53:23 by AceEmbler
:( but i cant subclass with WM_CTLCOLOR.......
Posted on 2003-05-26 17:29:01 by AceEmbler
That is correct, the WM_CTLCOLOR... message is sent to the parent of the control not the control itself. You can however ignore that message completely and use the WM_PAINT message in your subclassed routine to paint your control "manually".
Posted on 2003-05-26 17:51:12 by donkey