I've been looking for the past couple of days of a way to get RadASM to assemble/link multiple source files (for MASM) and output the correct DLL/LIB/EXE for a given project, but i had little success. I especially wanted a system where multiple binaries could be outputted from the same project.

I have noticed a few posts along a similar line here... the suggestion has usually been to include all of the source into one asm file (with the standard name). This however, would not be able to output seperate binaries from the same project

As a result, i decided to write an addin for RadASM. I completed this. (although its somewhat badly coded as a result of being rushed)

I now have a seperate problem - the output from the build is displayed in the output window of RadASM, if an error occurs in the assembling process - eg a sytax error in the code - my addin will stop executing the build leaving the errors visible in the output window. However, if you double click on them, they do not go to the appropriate line in the offending source file - it does absolutely nothing.

How do i enable it to do this? Is it another addin that enables this behavior? Is there some flag i can set to tell RadASM that the output is from the assembly process?

Attached are the Source & the assembled/linked dll, i also include a sample data file (see the explanatory text in the zip file)
Posted on 2003-06-01 20:51:55 by Ossa
did i miss the attached file???
Posted on 2003-06-01 20:53:47 by Ossa
Welcome to the board, Ossa.

Is there a reason you do not want to use a MAKEFILE? This was my solution to this problem.
Posted on 2003-06-01 21:56:05 by bitRAKE
Such an addin or core functionality would be most useful. Of course Make would work, but it would be excellent to have it in the IDE (since the IDE is where our main productivity is in the first place if we're using it).

KetiIO has mentioned in the past that doing so would require significant rewrites to the project handling source and would be too time-consuming.

Thanks,
Shawn
Posted on 2003-06-01 22:16:12 by _Shawn
I haven't used make before, but i assume it would run at a command prompt, the reason that i wrote this is that i liked the idea of it running within the IDE. If it is possible to get nmake to output to the output window, is there a good reference for how to use nmake somewhere?

The problem is not the making part - that works fine - nor is the problem the output to the output box, but i can't find a way to get double clicking on the text to change the position of the cursor to being in the erroneous file at the appropriate line. I have noticed that this behavior is enabled for building normally - is it possible to retain this? or do i have towrite this functionality myself?

Ossa
Posted on 2003-06-02 04:42:23 by Ossa
Hi Ossa

After building set the AsmFlag member of ADDINDATA to TRUE.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-06-02 05:32:17 by KetilO
thanks KetilO,

it works now :grin:

Ossa
Posted on 2003-06-02 06:31:30 by Ossa