I am totally new to ASM. I have though done (non API) programming in C++ and know about the use of pointers and functions. Tutorial of Icz are a bit harder to get for a newbie. I am trying my best but still the usage of registers (which i didnt study earlier, only had a lil idea bout it)....and continuous passing of values to it is a little hard to understand. The skeleton or the template designed for the first window in tut3 is taking my patience off as i am trying to play with registers.
Is there any tutorial which could start off with the basics of using "eax" constantly. I am a good learner and trying to learn ASM as soon as possible.
Anyway...Thanx indeed for your good work ICZ. I am using version 6.14.8444 of MASM. Does it make any difference with the ease of use??:alright: ;)
Posted on 2003-06-03 06:56:13 by SystemHacker
Read the ASMINTRO.HLP file in the MASM32\HELP folder, it covers the very basics.
Posted on 2003-06-03 07:05:04 by donkey
and the Win32asm basic tutorials from www.madwizard.org

they are really good for newbies :alright:
Posted on 2003-06-03 12:59:01 by Knighty
Thanx all you buddies for your timely help. I hope this forum would be helpful in making me a pro in ASM.:alright:
Posted on 2003-06-03 13:39:11 by SystemHacker
Just dont forget to dl the newest WINDOWS.INC becouse u can be unplesently startled some day
Posted on 2003-06-03 14:08:52 by AceEmbler

I am totally new to ASM. I have though done (non API) programming in C++ and know about the use of pointers and functions. Tutorial of Icz are a bit harder to get for a newbie. I am trying my best but still the usage of registers (which i didnt study earlier, only had a lil idea bout it)....and continuous passing of values to it is a little hard to understand. The skeleton or the template designed for the first window in tut3 is taking my patience off as i am trying to play with registers.
Is there any tutorial which could start off with the basics of using "eax" constantly. I am a good learner and trying to learn ASM as soon as possible.
Anyway...Thanx indeed for your good work ICZ. I am using version 6.14.8444 of MASM. Does it make any difference with the ease of use??:alright: ;)

You might want to take a look at http://webster.cs.ucr.edu
This isn't the right place to mention HLA, but you'll probably have a better time learning assembly with HLA rather than with MASM32.
Cheers,
Randy Hyde
Posted on 2003-06-05 14:51:51 by rhyde