I just did a scan of the members section and noticed that members are still included even if they have not made a single post for 2 years. (And it appears that about 40% are in such a categorie)

Shouldn't there be a limit of at most 6 months to a year.

I mean if someone is absent that long they can just register again.

I know some newbies may scan and try to learn without posting but the board is to share ideas right?

Anyways i doubt it is hard on the server but a member trying to find other member info might get a headache.

Any thoughts?
Posted on 2003-06-03 22:02:47 by IwasTitan
You mean something like what Thomas has done on his Madwizzard size, if there has been no posts made after regristation after a certain time the account gets deleted, it's sounds like a good way to me.
Posted on 2003-06-03 23:28:26 by scientica
I thought about it but occassionally I do see some of these people browse the board, which tells me that they use it for the reminder features and such. I can't see any other reason why anyone would subscribe but to use those features.

For me personally, it doesn't take up any significant space in the database so I don't have any urgent reason to do a cleaning there.
Posted on 2003-06-04 03:58:13 by Hiroshimator
its a typical idea of an assembly programmer - keep the system maxium clean and small :)
Posted on 2003-06-04 05:04:38 by beaster
only when there is no perceived loss which is argumentable here. An 'optimisation' that would cause a loss is not an optimization at all.
Posted on 2003-06-04 07:24:56 by Hiroshimator
Also i think that is good they have this type of feature, i some times when search, i get some real good threads and then how i can rememebr?, hey in fact i cannot remember a lot of things.. if i have memory i have like 64Kb, for this i use the suscribe to this thread, normally i read the all post, (like the last day) i read a lot, i get 20 pages for my search, an i think i read at less the middle, and i subscribe only for remember some good threads. If i dont use this feature, i think i can reearch, but i think maybe it will not be fun reread the 20 pages of thread results ;).

This is why i put a point to no delete that acounts.

Also if you dont like see in the members some members with less 'participation' maybe are some other solution for dont delete this dudes, like only hide option or other, but keep in the list.

Nice day.
Posted on 2003-06-04 09:26:02 by rea