Hy,
1-What's the difference between image file and process's memory?
2-What's the difference between process and thread?
3-What's the difference between me and you? (DR.Dree&Eminem)
Posted on 2003-06-10 12:14:52 by Balha
1. Well. An image file is an image file and memory is memory. The image file tells Windows about the memory that a process will use and what to load into those memory regions. But a program can also allocate more memory on its own after it has started. A program can have uninitialized sections, which have no data in the image file, and there can be areas of the image file which are not loaded into the memory image (such as the PE header, which is loaded elsewhere)

2. A process in Windows is one program. Each process has its address space, its file handles, a default heap and a list of the modules it has loaded, among various other things. Threads are tasks that can be switched between by Windows. When a process is created, an initial thread is created for the process. Additional threads are usually started when you want to perform some task in the background while still being responsive to user input. Each thread has its own space in which to store processor registers when the thread is not active, its own stack, and a memory area for system drivers that need to have a context associated with each thread, and also some other things. A thread can optionally have a message queue.

3. I don't think we have much in common. I'm someone who can be slightly difficult to describe. On the outside, I may appear as interesting, smart, funny and knowledgeable in the beginning, but once people get to know me they discover that on the inside, I'm just dull and I'm always moaning about my town's female inhabitants' unwillingness to give me any physical satisfaction at all and how disappointed I am in my town. This all has a long story behind it. So, sit back and pretend that you're in church, because you're going to be immersed in a repetitive story with boring cliches, a thin plot and empty characters. I was brought up in a home without a satellite receiver, and my parents weren't too good at cooking. I was not allowed to play videogames past bedtime when I was a kid. On top of this, my mom always wanted to borrow the computer for all sorts of stupid things, and she was always mean to my friends. This built up a lot of aggression in me, which just kept on growing larger and larger. One day I couldn't take it anymore. I needed something that could calm me down and make me happy again. So, there was this really wonderful girl that came to my mind... the only problem was, that she had just moved to another town. Upon realizing how stupid I had been not to stop her, I started to hate myself. I was never able to love anyone again. She was just so perfect, we would fit so well together, and now she was gone... I couldn't make up my mind about the remaining girls, and that has hindered me in entering a relationship. I gradually became more and more distant to the rest of the town. Now, 4 years later, I'm nearing my twenties... The girl you might remember from a couple sentences above has now moved further in a northwardly direction, to a really dark, cold and remote town. I'm getting old and out of shape. I am just so ugly and disgusting, and the girls won't let me have my way with them... :( All work and no fun fills me with evil and hatred. There is just so much bad in me, all ready to come out and create a bad world filled with evil. My last hope is to take over the world by force and have the females satisfy me at my command. Whereas you... well, I don't know anything about you really, but I'm guessing you aren't aspiring to take over the world or any of that. And I'm not too fond of rap music by the way... I prefer the music from before the 90's, when it started to degrade. There are just too many artists now who continually spit out poo. During the old times, the record companies had a certain standard, which they have now lost. Okay, you can wake up now. Did you have a good nap?
Posted on 2003-06-10 15:36:47 by Sephiroth3