firtly i am abit new to this and am still researching. i searched the forum on this subject but haven't found much info.

i would like to use mmx and maybe so other things from simd set. how do i set it up in masm? now i found out about the .mmx setting but do not know exactly what it does. the help files that come with masm don't even mension it. could someone explain to me how to setup the program to use simd instructions and more importantly where can i find some sort of consice and definitive reference that would mention this .mmx setting and other things that the standard help files that come with masm do not. you see if i can enable the use of simd in a program i can start experimenting and work everything out from there.

but i bet i just made myself look stupid.
Posted on 2003-06-12 06:38:59 by Dimitrius
now i found out about the .mmx setting but do not know exactly what it does
.MMX enables you to use MMX instructions
could someone explain to me how to setup the program to use simd instructions
.XMM
and more importantly where can i find some sort of consice and definitive reference that would mention this .mmx setting and other things that the standard help files that come with masm do not
there's an MASM manual(in .pdf) floating around but I seem to forgot the link, try googling for the answer. IIRC, Mr. Hyde(author of HLA) has the MASM manual in .pdf form, which you can download individual chapters - try googling for this also. The other manual I'm talking about is just 1 .pdf file containing all the chapters not separated individual chapters(.pdf), as in the case of Mr. Hyde's.
but i bet i just made myself look stupid.
believe me, *all* people who have gone the asm path were n00bs and in some way, were stupid. :grin:
Posted on 2003-06-14 19:01:00 by arkane
You can find all the directives on msdn
Posted on 2003-06-15 07:22:51 by Eóin