At the Negatory Assembly Studio there seems to be another messageboard. It is not
very active yet, and only has 64 users so far. Perhaps we could beef it up a little...:)

Also, why was the last post regarding Negatory Assembly Studio closed? :confused:
Posted on 2003-06-14 09:29:38 by SpEcIeS
I joined.

"NAS" is lacking features RadASM and Visual ASM have like intellisence and context sensitive help.

I like how the CodeBrowser visually breaks down the code. And the ease at which options can be made as the images I posted in the other thread display.

I now remember trying NAS out a few months ago, but it only supported TASM at the time, so I uninstalled it.

The other thread was closed for a little bit until you pointed it out. I had nothing to do with that (as far as I know). :tongue:
Posted on 2003-06-14 10:04:47 by Masmer
I personally use RadAsm and really enjoy it...:) I just wanted to know if
others had tried and liked/disliked NAS. It is a nice IDE and has a lot of
potential. :alright:

Remember, it is only version 1.0 ;)
Posted on 2003-06-14 10:09:37 by SpEcIeS
SpEcIeS,

You like Negatory Assembly Studio, you enjoy RadASM, you email me asking for new Visual ASM releases. What should the ideal IDE include in your opinion?

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-06-14 10:37:48 by akyprian
Each to their own...:) I think that they are all really good, and I do enjoy
experimenting with all of them. My IDE of choice is RadAsm, but I do enjoy
using VisualASM, hutch's Quick Edit, and now NAS also. Each offers its own
unique environment. It is nice to see these projects develop, and to see the
hard work that is put into them...:alright:

There really is no 'should' in my opinion, only what one is comfortable with...:)
Posted on 2003-06-14 10:53:06 by SpEcIeS
I'm finding NAS to have quite a few bugs and hindrances that has prompted me to uninstall it on my development PC. The next release will interest me.

Someone on the Negatory Forum created a tutorial on using NAS: http://www.dataexception.com/negatory/
Posted on 2003-06-14 17:14:06 by Masmer
Why don't akyprian, KetilO, Ewayne and others combine in a project for perfect assembler IDE? :)
Posted on 2003-06-14 21:17:26 by comrade
Perfect? Hmm, must be Notepad. But it is already in my system:grin:
Posted on 2003-06-15 16:46:56 by cakmak
NAS does seem to have a few bugs. Such as, I am finding that under 'Options'
directory paths for libraries does not function properly. Access to the feature
disappears upon second viewing. Also, the system tray does not work. At least
on my maching using XP Home. :(
Something I do like is the dos application support, and the compiler, linker, and
resource compiler control, but I do agree with Masmer that it is buggy. Perhaps
the project will continue and improve. :) The message board does not seem to be
too active, and there was some indication that the project is abandoned.
Posted on 2003-06-16 09:05:13 by SpEcIeS
hey guys,

if you find bugs in my program, please email me athttp://www.asmcommunity.net/board/cryptmail.php?tauntspiders=in.your.face@nomail.for.you&id=13a57a1da75dd9e22dd6f33bb8090118. im on summer break so i should be able to fix them quickly. ps, the general tab is not functional

regards,
mike
Posted on 2003-06-16 18:44:56 by negatory