I've decided to create a new messageboard for the fasm users, because this one is too much suggesting the Win32 programming related topics only, while many fasm users want to discuss the topics far away from Windows. The address is: http://fasm.sourceforge.net/forum/ - if you like this idea, please register there.
Posted on 2003-06-16 16:40:06 by Tomasz Grysztar
don't forget sourceforge.net is blocked in countries like china :|
Posted on 2003-06-16 18:22:53 by Hiroshimator
i need question for what is blocked?, that is interesting.
Posted on 2003-06-16 18:25:13 by rea

don't forget sourceforge.net is blocked in countries like china :|

Yes, I know it. :( But this is the only one provider that allows me to run such forum for free.
Posted on 2003-06-16 18:26:05 by Tomasz Grysztar
if you wish you can have that whole structure here as subforums under fasm. I don't mind since it's a multi-platform assembler.

or if you'd tell me what you'd need we could find a way to get you a free site? :)

edit: hgb, it means that countries like china block those sites at routertable level, to citizens of those country certain sites simply do not exist and certain ips can't be accessed directly (no routing to it)
Posted on 2003-06-16 18:31:22 by Hiroshimator
Well, that's mainly because some users of fasm for some reason don't want to use this particular board (mostly with the excuse that this is Win32-only)- even if I don't really get why, I want to give them some place that is fasm-only dedicated.
Posted on 2003-06-16 18:36:41 by Tomasz Grysztar
well I could give you ftp access and a database, like http://ollydbg.win32asmcommunity.net so you can manage your own forum.

but you'd still have the .win32asmcommunity.net suffix.
Posted on 2003-06-16 18:40:33 by Hiroshimator
Let's see what users will say...
Posted on 2003-06-16 18:48:01 by Tomasz Grysztar
I may be able to find a better solution but I'll have to ask someone because ultimately it wouldn't be my call :/

It would give you true autonomy though and I'd be happy to sponsor your domainname registration.

I'll let you know.
Posted on 2003-06-16 18:54:02 by Hiroshimator

Let's see what users will say...

Url? Just give me an IP ;)
Choose what ever address you like Privalov, fasm.win32asmcommunity.net, well that doesn't sound bad, it's like fasm by the happy community :)
I think that could be good, keep things at the same place by yet sepparated, if you understand what I mean :/

I wonder why SourceForge doesn't exist in China, I mean don't they like when poeple share resources and work together, or have I gotten their political idea wrong? :confused:
Posted on 2003-06-17 05:41:40 by scientica
because the communists in China like to think they can have mindcontrol
Posted on 2003-06-17 05:58:53 by Hiroshimator
If you take Hiros offer, I could give you a subdomain like

fasm.pl4.net

or

fasm.0x1337.net

or

fasm.is.0x1337.net ;)

:grin:
Posted on 2003-06-17 10:00:00 by bazik

fasm.is.0x1337.net ;)

That would be cool and true :)
Posted on 2003-06-17 13:21:57 by scientica

because the communists in China like to think they can have mindcontrol

The Great Firewall of China. :)
Posted on 2003-06-17 15:36:05 by comrade

The Great Firewall of China. :)
That is too funny! :grin:
Posted on 2003-06-17 16:46:49 by bitRAKE
Credits to Fyodor (nmap) during interview with Slashdot. :)
Posted on 2003-06-17 19:34:12 by comrade
It's sad really, and the firewall's sure big. Any website that provides the slightest information from "the other side" is strictly prohibitated, therefore blocked :X

sites like CNN, BBC, other news agencies are blocked, hehe, even Yahoo/Google were blocked for a quite a long period, until lots of large companies started to complain...

3 words: br41nw4sH th3 publ1c

:grin:

btw, the forum is great ! :alright:
Posted on 2003-06-26 23:19:47 by Drocon

Any website that provides the slightest information from "the other side" is strictly prohibitated, therefore blocked :X

Ok, the this site may be blocked soon, we've provided information about the US, which lies on "the other side" of the sea (ok,ok, ocean if we need all those details ;)) :eek:

Is there any list of sites phorbdden in China, are site owners notfifyed if they're beeing blocked/"lost in the big defragmentation of the DNS-server".
Posted on 2003-06-27 02:27:16 by scientica

Ok, the this site may be blocked soon, we've provided information about the US, which lies on "the other side" of the sea (ok,ok, ocean if we need all those details ;)) :eek:

Is there any list of sites phorbdden in China, are site owners notfifyed if they're beeing blocked/"lost in the big defragmentation of the DNS-server".

these harvard bunch did a paper on it, and it looks complicated enough.....

http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/filtering/china/

they also built this real-time testing of the internet:

http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/filtering/china/test/

you can test to see if certain sites are blocked or not :) (and it used to be really fast too, until people started munching at its bandwidth...)

okkieee...this is what i got:

Starting testing...
Stage one testing complete.
Stage two testing complete.

Testing complete for http://board.win32asmcommunity.net. Result:
Indeterminate - please try again later to confirm

:rolleyes:
Posted on 2003-06-27 08:42:52 by Drocon