Hi all,

This is new release of WinAsm.

What's new:

Name Change:

1.The name of the IDE changed from Visual ASM to WinAsm to avoid confusion with other IDE's with similar names.

2.Default Project extension changed from vap to wap.

Intellisense:

1.PopUp List with locals & Procedure parameters if we are in a procedure. (Variables list is shown if we are not editing first word of line and only if left wordbreak is " ", VK_TAB, [ or comma-Please correct me if I left something behind).
Multiline Procedure Declaration is supproted. Multiline Locals Declaration supported.
In case of Local Buffers, e.g Local buffer[256], only the name will be inserted from the list. (For those who do not know, you can insert from ALL the popup lists with space, enter or double click).

2.Tooltips for long members of all PopUp lists.

Various:

1.External Tools Manager.(Go Tools-Tools Manager ...)

2.Option to show/not show SplashScreen on startup(Thanks Manos).

3.Toolbar Button for showing/hiding Project Explorer (Thanks maCo).

4.On Minimize WinAsm goes to System Tray(Thanks maCo).

5.Many Additions to the API Files.

6.Open project, First visible line of the recently used file is the one user had before closing project last time.

7.Caps Lock ON/OFF, Num Lock ON/OFF indications on status bar.

Bug Fixes:

1.Project Options small bug:When no change was made, ProjectModified was set to
false! But the project might have been modified for many other reasons before!!

2.If Masm.vas was not found and then set properly, first entry of the file was deleted and the Categories list was never enabled.

3.Some flickering for tooltips removed.

This is it!

Regards,

akyprian

PS. With your feedback things seem to get better.
Posted on 2003-06-20 03:54:55 by akyprian
I'm looking forward to trying it out. Where can I get it?
Posted on 2003-06-20 03:57:49 by Masmer
Damn,

Here it is

Regards,

akyprian

Edit:Attachment moved to the top.
Posted on 2003-06-20 03:59:33 by akyprian
Very nice. I have it all set up and it's working beautifully. I setup Borland's Resource Workshop as my resource editor.

Possible future enhancements?:

[*]User can change command line options for ML, Link, RC by editing an ini file.
    [*]User can switch between release and debug modes of above tools. (Two sets of command line options that are not hard coded.)
    [*]The ability to launch a debugger like Ollydbg, VC++, SoftIce, etc. via a user configurable command line.
    [*]I really like the assembler\linker options dialog box that Negatory Assembly Studio has, despite not quite working. Any possibility of someday adding dialogs like this to WinASM to give users maximum flexibility when it comes to assembling\linking?

http://people.delphiforums.com/jawiv/picts/nas-masm.jpg
    http://people.delphiforums.com/jawiv/picts/nas-link.jpg

Thanks again for all your hard work!
Posted on 2003-06-20 04:33:45 by Masmer
Hi Masmer,

I am glad you liked the new version. More is coming ...

1.User can change all of these on a project basis from Project-Properties-Make Options. May be I did not understand well what you mean.

2.Good Idea.

3.Good Idea (I never use external debuggers).

4.The flexibility already exists (see 1 above). With the dialogs user only saves time. I do agree that it is a very good idea.

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-06-20 04:47:23 by akyprian
Hello again,

By this (#1) I mean that the user can change what the default project's command line options are instead of always editing the defaults you have implemented.

This would save time if someone is always changing every project's command line options, and if (#2) is implemented, the user can define both the default release and default debug command line options to match their preferences, or use the defaults you implement in the (unedited) ini file.

A really cool way, which even RadASM doesn't implement, would be for an extensive dialog (#4) to be used to setup the various command line options (sort of like a Wizard) from which various release or debug setting could be made which would be written to the ini file once the dialog was closed. This sounds like alot of work eh? :grin: But I bet people would really love it.

Take care.
Posted on 2003-06-20 05:23:16 by Masmer
1.OK, I see.

2.OK, I see.

A really cool way, which even RadASM doesn't implement, would be for an extensive dialog (#4) to be used to setup the various command line options (sort of like a Wizard) from which various release or debug setting could be made which would be written to the ini file once the dialog was closed. This sounds like alot of work eh? But I bet people would really love it.

No, it is not so much work. It's just that for the time being I have some other priorities.

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-06-20 05:32:20 by akyprian

3.Good Idea (I never use external debuggers).

And much better - build-in debugger (step-by-step option, jmp to cursor position & etc.). Output window is a good place to show reg, mem & stack values. Adding resources visual editor (like KetilO's RadAsm) will be good feature too.
Posted on 2003-06-20 06:44:16 by Dmitry
Dmitry,

And much better - build-in debugger (step-by-step option, jmp to cursor position & etc.). Output window is a good place to show reg, mem & stack values. Adding resources visual editor (like KetilO's RadAsm) will be good feature too.

Fully Agree. But If we want to have a nice, fast and stable IDE it is better to do small steps. Correct?

Thanks for your feedback,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-06-20 07:17:59 by akyprian
akyprian,

Fully Agree. But If we want to have a nice, fast and stable IDE it is better to do small steps. Correct?

Fully agree too. I've shared my dreams only :)
Posted on 2003-06-20 07:43:15 by Dmitry
It is very nice to dream; May ALL your dreams come true...including those concern WinAsm:)

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-06-20 09:23:50 by akyprian
Thanks Akyprian :)

is this a bug ?
the list does not show correctly in that case.
also can it be possible when left double clicking the notification icon to bring the winasm window to top, simular to restore.
thanks
Posted on 2003-06-20 16:04:22 by Jnrz
YES!

Believe it or not, I am working on this right now! Telepathy?

Regards,

akyprian

EDIT:Tray Icon: It is supposed to be so! On my win98se machine it is OK but on the WinXP one it is not. What OS do you use?

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-06-20 16:09:12 by akyprian
when I double left click the notification icon, a button appears in the taskbar, so I have to click the button to make winasm visible.
My OS = Win XP
bye

PS: would be quicker to set the bin, include and lib directories putting a button like in the keyword file ? [...]
Posted on 2003-06-20 16:25:26 by Jnrz
Jnrz,

1.Tray Icon will be fixed

2.Surely it would be quicker to set the bin, include and lib directories If I put a button. Iwill.

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-06-20 16:41:06 by akyprian
Very nice akyprian.

But,you forgot to place on title bar of WinAsm the name of current
project next to "WinAsm".

Manos.
Posted on 2003-06-21 02:39:37 by Anonymous
manos,

Thanks for your good words,

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-06-21 09:43:32 by akyprian
akyprian,

Can it be adaped to be used with c compiler (API popup without invoke keyword)?
Posted on 2003-06-22 02:54:00 by Bi_Dark
Bi_Dark,

Thanks for the suggestion, but... I would appreciate if you give me some example(s) where the API Functions List should pop up.

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-06-22 04:42:51 by akyprian
Ok,

just make it popup API list box without typing "invoke" keyword before typing API name (like RadAsm does).
Could it be optional? (add trigger keyword?)

BTW, how can I change output window's font?
Posted on 2003-06-22 07:35:17 by Bi_Dark