Does anyone have info on the MS Help 2 COM classes?

Im doing a favor for someone, but im hung up not on the COM side of life, but the actual interface itself. Im struggling on learning just what MS deams is a NameSpace for the MSDN help collection.

If anyone knows anything about this i would be glad to hear what you know.

Thanks alot.
:alright:
NaN
Posted on 2003-06-20 15:16:37 by NaN
Greetings NaN, I discovered several links via Google, this one appears to be among the better ones: MS Help 2.x . The following link is also very informative: MS Help 2 FAQ. I hope this is helpful (pun intended!).
Posted on 2003-06-20 16:51:49 by Poimander
Ya im starting to understand it a bit more (on a general level), but one thing im still not getting clearly told is where the registry key is for all the registered Help2 namespaces.

I want to see this key in reg edit, but im not getting any luck, either raw searches or from Internet Info snooping.

Somehow a Namespace is registered to a group of files (xml and binaries) located in a directory in one's system. When any program calls this COM object and instanciates it with the Namespace name, the object internally does some magic to find the directory location and retrieve the help files for viewing.

I want to understand the internal "magic" a bit more, but nothing im finding is pointing me to the internals, only the externals.

If anyone has more to add i would be grateful
Regards,
:NaN:
Posted on 2003-06-21 12:11:09 by NaN