Howdy everyone! I am looking to buy a top-of-the-line laptop, but alienware is way too expensive and I don't want to pay for an extra copy of windows either. After a lot of googling, i found that a lot of small companies sell excellent notebooks, but very few allow you to customize. The cheapest laptops are sold by www.amazinglaptops.com but when I searched google for comments on the company, I only found one guy complaining about a very terrible experience with the company. Nonetheless, the BBB has no complaints on file for the company. Have any of you bought a laptop from them and what do you think about the company??
Posted on 2003-06-21 10:34:36 by Hel
I generally use pricewatch.com
If I haven't done business with a company, I search for everything I can get on them before doing business, Phone number (does someone _really_ answer the phone), physical business address (is it real), including the owners name. If you can't find the owner, you will have a hard time geting satisfaction if there are problems later.

I start with Whois, then look at the contact info provided (that's another search).

>>Domain Name: AMAZINGLAPTOPS.COM
Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, INC.
Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com
Name Server: NS8.SAN.YAHOO.COM
Name Server: NS9.SAN.YAHOO.COM
Updated Date: 03-dec-2002
Creation Date: 04-dec-2000
Expiration Date: 04-dec-2003<<
Posted on 2003-06-21 14:06:20 by SFinegan