Hello Randy,

I am learn your AoA just in volum2 ch02. Some problem stop me. When I compile the example programs in this chapter, the hla all told me there are some link errors:

testGotoxy.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol win32cons_gotoXY
testGotoxy.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol win32cons_cls

I think I must make some problem when I manage the file "win32cons.hhf" , but I don't know how to resolve it. Thanks for you help.:confused:
Posted on 2003-06-23 00:44:55 by zen_essential

Hello Randy,

I am learn your AoA just in volum2 ch02. Some problem stop me. When I compile the example programs in this chapter, the hla all told me there are some link errors:

testGotoxy.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol win32cons_gotoXY
testGotoxy.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol win32cons_cls

I think I must make some problem when I manage the file "win32cons.hhf" , but I don't know how to resolve it. Thanks for you help.:confused:

You're attempting to use the original (pre- v1.50) console routines.
The routines you're using are available in the new console library module, so I'd just recommend using the new library. However, if you stick "wincons.lib" on the end of your HLA command line (long with your program's name), then it will compile and link using the old libraries. Note that if you're following the old code in AoA, you'll need to use the wincons library because it has more features than the new console library (which is portable between Windows and Linux).
Cheers,
Randy Hyde
Posted on 2003-06-24 11:19:49 by rhyde