Who know how to Display 2D in Windows without DirectX and OpenGL and GUI?
And the most inportant is the Display must be as soon as DirectDraw!
Is that must get the Ring 0 and move the date to video momey?
I have no good idea!Who have good way? Thanks a lot!
Posted on 2003-06-28 21:38:36 by Dreamcatcher
The only way to have 0 ring code is to write a VxD
Posted on 2003-06-29 02:05:08 by greenant
thanks!
Posted on 2003-06-29 02:25:00 by Dreamcatcher
Iczelion has a VxD tutorial you can download here
Posted on 2003-06-29 02:37:24 by donkey
:stupid:
Oh! A lot of english words!
TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTThinks!
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
???? buT,But this way can only use on Win9x System, ????
??? It's cannot runing in NT system, ???
?? On NT system how can I do it like use VxD in Win9x System? ??
? |^_^| ?
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
:grin:
Posted on 2003-06-29 07:37:55 by Dreamcatcher
Why you don't want to use GDI, GDI+, OpenGL or DirectDraw?
Posted on 2003-06-29 08:45:02 by greenant
Learn how to enter protect Mode first. Im a Graphic system designer student too. I know what do you want. Access it via P-Mode are very fast than using OpenGL,DirectX etc. But, it dont accept any OS, it mean Windows are not allowed to run. No DLL, and anything. Only your program. It not easy.
Posted on 2003-06-29 09:57:54 by realvampire
Easy way, use the GDI DIBSection's,
see:
http://masmforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=126&sid=7987da2ef87478f34c8b436d54b9ff5a

PB code, but easy to follow
Brad
Posted on 2003-06-29 11:01:32 by Brad
Maybe My english is bad. :(

My mean is Display on Windows system wihtout anything(GDI,openGL,DirectX..............................................!
I Think I can write system money to do it
Or use the VxD, BUT!
Those can only use in Win9x system!
On WinNT system can't !
But the DirectX and openGL can run on winNT
so there must have a way to display!

:stupid:
Posted on 2003-07-01 07:39:36 by Dreamcatcher
First of all think well: is THAT the real thing you want to do?

I have seen many ppl here having HIGH expectations from directly acceing video memory but please not that:

-Accesing raw video memory in by no way faster that accesing the same raw video memory via Lock/Unlock methods of a primary surface in DirectX7. However DirectX will give you acces to all hardware on the market.

-Doing it in your own OS as realvampire sugests it is by no mean easy and/or trivial and again it is only marginally (max 1-5%) faster than DirectX. Consult Solar OS and/or Menuet OS if you think you can digest that kind of info. the speed that those ASM OS have is mostly because their reduced kernel architecture rather than because of directly accesing the video RAM.

-Today hardware information is obfuscated / hidden and without original manufacturers inside information you WILL NOT be able to access 2D hardware acceleration and/ or 3D Hardware acceleration. To presume that dritectly writing to video memory will give you acces to such things is just plain wrong

-Making a VxD for win9x and a Kernel Mode Driver for Win2k/XP is just plain complicated and useless if used ONLY to get acces to raw video memory. Besides you will again have to deal with hidden/unavailable hardware info for each video card out there on the market.

- To presume that there is ANY standard in video boards today is wrong. In fact the latest available standard is VESA 2.0 /3.0 and this is old and has no info on hardware acceleration whatsoever. This extra acceleration info (VBE AF) is available for a big fee and i have never seen such info free on the internet.

- reading video RAM is extreeeeeemly slow today

-OpenGl and Direct3D have little in common with directly accesing video ram, they are rather directly accesing internal video board GPU(s) ports and and sending specific commands to GPU. In fact they are quite disrupted by any atempts to write/read from video ram by other applications ...

Knowing all this (and more) ...

I am really asking myself if you know what you want to do ... and presumin you know :D ... what for?
Or just fooling arround?
Posted on 2003-07-01 08:04:20 by BogdanOntanu
Just use DIBs, that should give you good enough speed without using DX/GL.
Posted on 2003-07-01 08:24:13 by SFP