Hi all,

WinAsm V1.0.1.2 is available for download from the WinAsm site.

What's new:

Intellisense

1.Type Include and you get a list with all asm & inc files of the project (only name+ext if in project directory, full path name + ext if in any other directory) plus all *.inc files in your Include directory. Type IncludeLib and you get a list with all *.lib files in your Lib directory.(I hope eko is satisfied with this solution)

Other

1.Major rework for reading *.vaa files---->much faster at startup.(Thanks TBD for reminding me although I've chosen a different approach.Is it OK now ?)

2.You can now define different colors for API Functions, API Structures and API Constants.

3.Copy selected text or all text of Output Window to the clipboard. Also all Out text can be saved to file "OutText.txt" in the project directory. You can access theese via a contextual menu (Thanks Masmer for similar request).

4.Option to show/not show Output window on successfull Make(Thanks maCo). Also Make progress is shown on the status bar .

5.In the Project menu a new item to Rename File (Thanks Jnrz & maCo - use with caution).

6.Upgrade of CodeHi control to V1.0.2.5

7.Errors in collapsed procedures now automatically expand procedures.

8.Caps Lock and Num Lock indications on taskbar altered a bit.

9.Various optimizations.

Bug Fixes

1.Bug Fix: When WinAsm goes to the notification the area, the context menu was not hidden if you decided not to choose anything form it (Thanks Jnrz).

2.Small Bug Fix: Ctrl+Space inserted a space. It Should not.(Thanks KetiIO)

3.Error bookmarks in collapsed procedures made the error line invisible. Only way to get it back was by reopening the project.(Thanks KetiIO)

4.Bookmarked lines in collapsed procedures were hidden after procedures expanded.

This is it,

Hope you enjoy this new release,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-07-04 16:49:00 by akyprian
The new Intellisense for Include and Lib files is pretty nifty. Thank you for implementing the ability to copy (or save to file) text in the output box too. :alright:
Posted on 2003-07-04 18:39:58 by Masmer

The new Intellisense for Include and Lib files is pretty nifty. Thank you for implementing the ability to copy (or save to file) text in the output box too. :alright:

Thanks Masmer. I try to satisfy all users' requests I believe that are helpful. Also, sometimes (or many times ?) I do not follow the request word by word if I believe that it can be implemented via a better approach. Such an example is the intellisense for Include and Lib Files (the original request was be eko).

Finally, I want to apologize for some requests I have not implemented yet (such as some by Bi_Dark, manos, TBD etc).

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-07-05 03:14:59 by akyprian
very nice implementation :alright:

bye

eko
Posted on 2003-07-05 05:29:04 by eko
eko,

Thanks for the suggestion.

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-07-05 06:10:48 by akyprian
i have another one . make the windows sizeable .
what i mean is for example the project explorer window make it sizeable so you can resize it with the mouse . the same goes for the output window

oh , and another thing, maybe you already thought on it make plugin support . but you maybe want to look on olly' plugin architecture , he has a diffrent approach ( every way has his own advantage, maybe you will come up with something new ).

bye

eko
Posted on 2003-07-05 06:24:35 by eko

i have another one . make the windows sizeable .
what i mean is for example the project explorer window make it sizeable so you can resize it with the mouse . the same goes for the output window

oh , and another thing, maybe you already thought on it make plugin support . but you maybe want to look on olly' plugin architecture , he has a diffrent approach ( every way has his own advantage, maybe you will come up with something new ).

bye

eko

eko,

Both 1. & 2 are in the "To Do" list but I do not promise fast response since I have to do some other things first.

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-07-05 06:34:57 by akyprian
akyprian

Finally, I want to apologize for some requests I have not implemented yet (such as some by Bi_Dark, manos, TBD etc).

Dont mind, just waiting for next release :grin:
Posted on 2003-07-05 07:15:39 by Bi_Dark
Bi_Dark,

Thanks for the understanding. When I believe that some request deserves implementation, I promise, I write it down in the "To Do" list and ... finally do it. It's just that it is very difficult when I have some plans in my mind to start doing something completely different (although sometimes I do).

Thanks once again.

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-07-05 07:37:18 by akyprian
nice work akyprian. now it starts very fast, even on my old PC :)

additional suggestions (important ones first):
- add under files, on Project Explorer recognized procedures (easy to jump on bigger projects)
- option to reopen last project on startup (saves me an ALT+F, 1)
- transparent icons (document icon in menu, near file and up/down in Tools Manager)
- user customizable shortcuts (just a reminder)

thats it for now.
Posted on 2003-07-07 04:07:51 by TBD

nice work akyprian. now it starts very fast, even on my old PC :)

additional suggestions (important ones first):
- add under files, on Project Explorer recognized procedures (easy to jump on bigger projects)
- option to reopen last project on startup (saves me an ALT+F, 1)
- transparent icons (document icon in menu, near file and up/down in Tools Manager)
- user customizable shortcuts (just a reminder)

thats it for now.

TBD,

Thanks for everything.

1.Very Good idea, quite a lot of work...will be done.
2.Very Good idea, very easy, will be done.
3.OK.
4.When I consider it is the best time to implement it be sure I will do.

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-07-07 06:35:11 by akyprian
Very good work akyprian.
It would be nice if we could add multiple files simultaneously.

Manos.
Posted on 2003-07-10 13:09:29 by Anonymous

Very good work akyprian.
It would be nice if we could add multiple files simultaneously.

Manos.

Thanks Manos for your good words,

Adding multiple files simultaneously will be done. Thanks.

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-07-10 23:45:50 by akyprian