i will try that tomorrow..
Posted on 2001-07-20 16:30:22 by theNOP

NOP,

WM_CHAR will not do what you are after, you need to trap 2 keys, the CTRL and the character you want with it.

You get the CTRL with a WM_KEYDOWN/UP message, set a flag and then trap the character you want by testing the flag as well as the character.

Regards,

hutch@pbq.com.au

PS : I should have mentioned that you trap these messages in the main message loop as you will not have access at them elsewhere.

NOP

You can prevent ctrl + c and ctrl + v ( i do not know about another weird combination) without traping 2 keys ctrl+c for example is snding to WM_CHAR as 3 (dec)
Posted on 2003-11-22 16:25:07 by AceEmbler
Whether a value is displayable or not depends on the character set and the font you are using.

If you want to stick to ASCII (or ANSI as the Windows docs call it), the displayable characters are from 32 to 126. ASCII does not define graphics for 0-31 or 127. And it does not define any graphics for 128-255.

If you want PC graphics, the displayable characters are in the range of 1 - 254. Note that graphics are defined for characters that are also control characters.

And, finally, if you want to display Unicode (16-bit characters), you will be restricted by the fonts that are loaded.
Posted on 2003-11-22 18:15:29 by tenkey