Now it's about linux. The fix is in RED.Posted on 2003-07-12 14:05:03 by clone-d
btw, why do contents of hlalibsrc.tar.gz and hlalib.zip differ so much?
(and let me remind you that contents of htmldocs.zip and htmldocs.tar.gz differ too)

clone-d

Most of the differences should simply be the line endings. Unless I've really messed up somewhere (and my automated "create gz shell script" is copying the wrong files), the sources should be the same now.

The docs files are different because I've yet to copy the documentation files over to Linux for my build. I'll try to do that for the next release (when the documentation is slated to have some minor changes). In general, though, there is *only* one set of HLA documents, there are not separate documents for Windows and Linux. This is just a configuration problem on my end.

Someone asked me (I believe in the Yahoo AoA group) why I bother with the extra files for Linux (sources and documentation) since they're supposed to be the same. I've generally done this for two reasons: (1) I'm not sure that Linux utilities can properly unzip winzip files, and (2) the source files *are* different insofar as the line endings. However, because of consistency, space, and upload time limitations, I am seriously considering placing only one copy of the documentation and source code files on Webster.

Cheers,
Randy Hyde
Posted on 2003-07-13 17:44:03 by rhyde
Thanks for the fix for BuildArgv.
I've added this correction and will make sure it appears
in HLA v1.54.
Cheers,
Randy Hyde
Posted on 2003-07-13 17:47:59 by rhyde