Hi,

I had a few spare hours this past week and put together my own compiled help file containing all of Iczelion's Tutorials for my reference. It has embeded zip files and a number of navigation features I haven't seen in other help files. I would like to make it available to others, so should I ask Iczelion for permission? I give him credit for all the tutorials of course, and (will) make it clear that the help file itself was created by someone (semi) anonymous.

I'm also working on a compiled help file of the Masm 6.1 (Docs) manuals. Would making this available (someday) cause any trouble?
Posted on 2003-07-13 07:25:26 by Masmer
I have a similar question. I converted Izcelion Tutorials example code to HLA. Now I want to make it available for download from my website. Should I get permission?
Posted on 2003-07-13 12:56:33 by Green Joe
I should have looked at Iczelion's main tutorial page for my first question.

"All tutorials written by me are copyrighted freeware: they are free so long as you use it for non-profitable purposes. Commercial use is strictly prohibited.
Other articles/tutorials are properties of their authors. Contact them for more detail on conditions for use."

In my opinion, your translated tutorials would probably be ok with him if made freely available and he's given credit. He might be interested in hosting your help file too.
Posted on 2003-07-14 06:37:33 by Masmer
hi
can you put up the help file with Iczy's tut as an attachment

Thomas Antony
Posted on 2003-09-30 04:39:02 by thomasantony
Hi.

It was too big to fit even on the WinAsm website, so I have it on my own small webspace.

http://people.delphiforums.com/jawiv/filez/Iczelion.chm

(I need to fix the formatting in Win32Api Lesson 2, and fix the placement of contents\index\search.)
Posted on 2003-09-30 09:19:59 by Masmer

I have a similar question. I converted Izcelion Tutorials example code to HLA. Now I want to make it available for download from my website. Should I get permission?

The HLA versions are already available from Webster, packed in with other examples.

HLA examples which include Iczelion's tutorials.
Posted on 2003-11-13 19:25:18 by Kain
I /really/ would like to get a CHM form of the MASM manual, so if you happen to have it but don't plan on distributing it on a site Masmer, I'd still really like to get a copy :)
Posted on 2004-08-04 17:06:19 by
I started creating a compiled help file of the MASM Programmer's Guide and you can still download Chapter 1 here: http://www.asmcommunity.net/board/index.php?topic=14821&highlight=Masm+Programmers

I no longer have access to RoboHTML, so I had to stop all Help File projects I was working on. Plus there might be copyright issues.
Posted on 2004-08-05 00:33:31 by Masmer
FAR is a good choice mate. Try it. hxxp://www.helpware.net
Posted on 2004-08-25 05:28:18 by evil__donkey
Thanks Masmer,

Wow all Iczelion tutorials in one help file!!!. I found your work very smart. Why don't you upload and report your work to Iczelion's Page. Keep working on help files :shock:
Posted on 2004-08-25 09:59:13 by highenergy
Thanks Masmer,

Wow all Iczelion tutorials in one help file!!!. I found your work very smart. Why don't you upload and report your work to Iczelion's Page. Keep working on help files :shock:
Posted on 2004-08-25 10:00:01 by highenergy