And while im at it, where are you??

Last post I've seen by you was over 2 months ago....
Anyone got any idea?? I enjoy'd his thoughts and contribution, hate to think hez not comming back...

:NaN:
Posted on 2003-07-13 23:40:31 by NaN
I believe he was mad at 1 other member(can't mention the name) - he was actually in a series of "flame wars" with the other member, that's why he *left*...

anyway, Happy Birthday.

p.s. I don't usually read HB threads... A bizarre electrical impluse in my brain made me click on this one. :grin:
Posted on 2003-07-14 00:38:34 by arkane
Buon Compleanno Maverick !!!

I guess you are enjoying your new job !! but I hope you will come back soon, we miss your posts.

Anyway, keep on coding :alright:
Posted on 2003-07-14 02:36:26 by pelaillo
Tanti auguri Maverick!

Too bad he doesn't post here anymore...
Posted on 2003-07-14 02:56:30 by LuHa
Happy birthday Maverick :alright:

I wish you will return to the board. :)
Posted on 2003-07-14 03:30:45 by Vortex
hiya Mav, wish u best out there :)
Posted on 2003-07-14 05:59:16 by dion
in case you see this..

buon compleanno mav!!!
Posted on 2003-07-14 07:32:18 by Bit7
Happy Birthday, Mav. :)

Seems like Nan is not really updated with what had happened. ;)

The choice is yours now:

1) Keep the stupid kid, and start a trend where saying "bitch with a large pussy" to other members' mothers is de-facto allowed.
This way, as a side effect, you'll lose any other member that will start to think this board is not as it used to be, and thus will lose its interest in remaining here.

or

2) Splat on the ass the little kid, let him grow 3 years older, and take it back when he'll be Kiddo15, and much, much more educated.

I shouldn't insist, so anything different than a extreme 2) for me will be like 1)

--
Take care! Best wishes for your future, and be sure I will keep good memories of the early board's times.

Posted on 2003-07-14 07:54:48 by roticv

Seems like Nan is not really updated with what had happened. ;)
I think NaN was busy at the other forum having his own wars the *same* time frame the war at the heap erupted, ... check out the fun at the Electronics forum... :grin:
Posted on 2003-07-14 10:45:37 by arkane
Hm... I did miss this. Was this in the W.A. forum?? I think i poked my nose in their only once, I dont like to get into such things...

:NaN:
Posted on 2003-07-14 16:42:43 by NaN
the original thread was actually from the algo section and was split up by a mod because of the flame war that ensued and was transferred to the heap not the W.A. or the crusades. :grin:
Posted on 2003-07-14 16:57:54 by arkane

Thank you all for the happy birthday wishes.. it was a happy birthday actually. ;)

The things that were written here in this thread are correct: I didn't appreciate the lack of position/action of the administrators/moderators of the board regarding those silly and extreme insults that a member did.
Not that I was really angry or anything about it, but it sincerely made me lose interest to spend my time on a board that allows this - it was a matter of principle, you know - although I'm still fond of many of you, mods included (because, apart from that episode that disappointed me, I still see many of them as friends I've a direct relationship with, with whom I swapped emails, had a good time, etc..).

Currently I'm developing some utilities, for selling them as shareware (I need to make a living too, you know). I think I'll be back on the board actively, but I still need a period of pause to get motivated to contribute significatively (something I've never done so far, unfortunately).

Anyway, take care and thank you very much for all the personal messages, and for this thread. It was very much appreciated.

See you some day!

Greets,
FabI/O
Posted on 2003-07-15 00:50:19 by Maverick
Happy birthday Maverick :alright:
Posted on 2003-07-16 18:23:50 by clippy