I stumbled upon this reverseme from a website. It sounded interesting so I downloaded it and decided to give it a try.
The program is an integer calculator with some of the arithmetic functions not coded yet, mainly the div, mul, and factorial functions. I figured if I just found the code for the existing functions and then figured out how that worked I would be able to implement the other functions pretty easily. The problem I am having is finding the code for the existing functions. I took a look in SoftIce for calls to GetDlgItemText or GetWindowText but didn't find anything that related to the edit box. I wanted to find the code that gets the values from the edit box and then from there trace through the program watching it manipulate the entered values calculating the answer. Then I thought it would call SetDlgItemText or SetWindowText but I can't find these either. I am at a loss. I can't figure out how the program deals with the edit box. I don't care about solving the thing anymore I just want to know how it works.
I'm sure most of you could do this pretty easily but I want to turn it into a learning experience so if you could give me a hint or point me at something to investigate I would be very thankful. In other words Please Don't give me the answer to it, I want to do it myself.
Posted on 2001-10-11 07:12:13 by Cintrifical
Hi Cintrifical!

I once "stumbled upon" that reverseme too. And all I can say is that it's a program made in Delphi. If you aren't already a proud owner of DeDe, download it! It's a Delphi Decompiler (hence the name). When using it you can see exactly where the "OnClick" code for the different buttons begins. Try it!

:alright:

/Delight
Posted on 2001-10-11 07:34:02 by Delight
I'm no furry kitten wannabe, but you'll surely get your question answered faster here

Fear my whiplash tho' :)

Latigo
Posted on 2001-10-11 09:59:16 by latigo
Follow latigos words. Even though reversing reversemes is legal,
fun, and a very good way to learn stuff, the moderators around here
don't particularly endorse this form of activity - and I can understand
them. There's a lot of stupid people who don't know the difference
between crackz/warez/serialz and a legal activity like reverseme
reversing... and you wouldn't like to see this board shut down because
of some stupid ignorant pigs, would you? :grin:.

Also, you'll definitely get faster and better answers on a board
dedicated to reversing...
Posted on 2001-10-11 12:02:38 by f0dder
Yup we are not happy here with crack/reverse or hack ...

Take care ... you are walking on thin ice ;)

we want to keep this forum free of such stuff, read The Rules...

there are other sites for such things...
Posted on 2001-10-11 14:10:14 by BogdanOntanu
I did not mean to cause any harm. I will direct my questions on this subject to the other set of boards, which I didn't know existed otherwise I would have just posted there. The only reason I did post it here was because this was the only place I knew, where I might be able to get some help.

From now on I'll just post my win32ASM questions here! :grin: I don't want this place to get shutdown. I wouldn't know what to do!

Oh and thanks for helpin' me out, for those who did.
Posted on 2001-10-11 15:49:06 by Cintrifical