Yep i'm realy curios about this metter you said that u have spoke to your son in two lenguages.How did you do this, one day in "ru" and one in "eng" ?? Or maby simulataneus half sentence in one and second part in another. This english imressed me the most.

I want to say good job but that would be like admiring the software ;)

That's a pity that previos thread was closed i dont know if The Swin strays on a "garbage" HEAP sometimes :grin:
Posted on 2003-07-14 14:05:44 by AceEmbler
My guess is that TheSvin just spoke English at home but when meeting other people he spoke russian.
Posted on 2003-07-14 14:53:54 by JimmyClif
You just speak both languages while the child is young, generally it takes longer to learn to speak, but its easier than trying to learn the second language at a later stage.
Posted on 2003-07-14 16:44:14 by Eóin

You just speak both languages while the child is young, generally it takes longer to learn to speak, but its easier than trying to learn the second language at a later stage.

did you read my post ???
Posted on 2003-07-14 17:48:24 by AceEmbler
I grew up in a section of SanDiego Calif. where everyone spoke a mixture of spanish and english, and I never knew that half of the words I spoke was spanish until we moved when I was 12!!
:)
Posted on 2003-07-14 17:54:44 by Brad
AceEmbler, what part of "speak both languages" do you not understand? Here in the USA this usually happens when one parent or the grandparents speak another language all the time, or maybe the family move from another country to the US -- one language gets spoke at home and another at school/work. Although I don't remember much, I had a semester of German at the local college when I was seven. Also, it is certaintly possible to speak both English and Spanish at the same time even - it's call Spanglish. I can even program in VBA/Delphi/C++/x86 in the same day and read several more computer languages. My feeling is that your just trying to make something out of nothing, but I could be wrong. I doubt Svin has time for such games.
Posted on 2003-07-14 18:27:45 by bitRAKE
I have bibingual cuzins but his parents are from different countries so his mother speaks to him in one lenguage and his father in another but they can distinguish betwen two lenguages from the begining. So i was just curious how this can be done with two parents from the same country becouse its just not natural. Also what Brad said was interesting so i think this post made something out of nothing . :grin:

*Im just imageing how bitRake learns all this lenguages from one mixed book :tongue: *

Begin;
(void)Main()
{
Do

xor eax,eax

LoopWhile TRUE
}
Posted on 2003-07-15 04:16:31 by AceEmbler

*Im just imageing how bitRake learns all this lenguages from one mixed book :tongue: *
If it were only the truth! :grin:
Posted on 2003-07-15 08:23:01 by bitRAKE
First years I spoke to him only in English, others - in Russian,
and my wife - mostly in Russian, sometimes - in English.
So I taught him to speak in English (when he didn't know any language yet, others - ma and grandma - in Russian)
May be I spoke also Russian when he was near,
but I spoke only English to him .
There were problems and strange situation because of it,
'cause when several people were involved in a dialog it was
strange to see when talking to him I'd switch to English, and he (talking to me) would switch to English, yet to
others involved - we talked in Russian. I stopped those "only English" talks when he was ~ 5. Now I mostly talk in Russian to
him, and his English is getting worse.
Posted on 2003-07-15 12:37:08 by The Svin