Hey guys, I'm trying to expand my knowledge of COM/DirectX but I'm at sort of an impass... My first problem was finding the appropriate includes. I easily found Caleb's includes, which use the coinvoke syntax, but I didn't find any tutorials using it! I certainely don't know which includes/lib to include into a project... Then I found Scronty's site which claimed to have many DirectX 8.1 examples and include files, but all I found there was a single chm (Masm32_DX8v1_Tutorial_1v0.chm) containing some tutorials that are only some basic functions, but not showing how they are supposed to interact, no winmain, no wndproc or start, what includes/libraries are necessary, and worst of all, they use the mcall macro/libraries which are completely absent from the site! It looks like it was updated some time ago and those files were not yet posted... I easily converted the mcall to coinvoke to suit caleb's includes, but I have no idea what to include in a basic project! Are there any examples/tuts out there using coinvoke? What about the mcall inc/lib and tutorials? Actually anything that's consistent! When I gain sufficient knowledge, I will be able to do the conversions at a blink of the eye, but to start with is a mountain of a problem... Well, knowing the proper includes... Any help is appreciated... For now, I gotta unwind a little
Posted on 2003-07-17 17:36:06 by FearHQ
Afternoon, FearHQ.

Try here:
http://www.scrontsoft.com/win32asmdefault.asp
That's the old page I had.

My site is *still* in the middle of a reconstruction, hence the lack of working links/etc.

Cheers,
Scronty
Posted on 2003-07-18 05:52:54 by Scronty
Scronty: Thanks, that's pretty much what I was looking for! I wonder how easy it will be to use coinvoke instead... I guess now at least I have examples that *should* work and I can play with them ;)

Three Cheers!
Posted on 2003-07-18 15:09:08 by FearHQ
Yay! All is working, converting syntax to coinvoke as we go along, not too shabby. Thanks again ;)
Posted on 2003-07-19 03:14:23 by FearHQ