hey im working on bogdanontanu's os, im implementing paging. but any ways to the point, i got a new vmware licence for version 4. i stick my floppy in and hit start, it saz the floppy drive a: is being used by the host operating system. ive had this problem before but the way i got around it was to close apps that i had open, didnt work. I stick the floppy a second before i hit the start button to start the os, dont work. So next i make an iso image of the floppy that contains the os, now its giving me a "no bootable cd or floppy found" im starting to think i spent money on this for noting, unless any one knows any answers to help.
Posted on 2003-07-21 13:12:34 by Qages
you can disconnect the floppy while working via the menu
Posted on 2003-07-21 13:39:38 by Hiroshimator
how will that help me?, i need the flooppy to connect not disconnect and i know my floppy isnt in use any where else in vmware or my host os.
Posted on 2003-07-21 13:42:40 by Qages
o I thought you meant inside the VM :/

are you sure nothing else is using it? nothing is holding it open? not even explorer?
Posted on 2003-07-21 15:39:43 by Hiroshimator
nope, its not a 'formatted' floppy, just holds boot sector and 80k more os data so no file handles. and i stick the floppy in just before i start the vm so theres no chance for any thing but vmware to get a handle to it.
Posted on 2003-07-21 15:46:33 by Qages