I tried to compile few progs with DDraw but there was numerous bugs pls can somebody attache the simplest prog with ddraw, for example simple bitmap and add ddraw.inc and ddraw.lib to it and all the stuff i need to compile it cuz i do not know what to do. I realy wont to learn ddraw but my patiency is limited and thi problem slowly is killing me.
Posted on 2003-07-23 03:51:58 by AceEmbler
ok i will search one old version for you
Posted on 2003-07-23 03:55:56 by BogdanOntanu
Well instead of an old (unclear) version of HE i have posted Chriss Hobbs's Spce Tris example here:

http://www.hostileencounter.com/space_tris_game.zip

The zip also includes the DX related LIBS i have colected from DXSDK and MASM32 and placed in my_libs subfolder....and then i have modyfied the paths in source code to point to this folder...This way the build will succed...

Nota bene: you still need masm32 installed in \masm32 folder

This very good example and has all the basic needs for a 2D game: ddraw,dsound,dinput
Posted on 2003-07-23 05:33:15 by BogdanOntanu
Thx. Finaly i found the bug in my prog.

Look i didn't include dxguid.lib and uuid.lib also i didnt call QureyInterface.

Still dont understand what all this stuf is doing so would you be so kind.?.
Posted on 2003-07-24 04:19:48 by AceEmbler
Hi,

I agree with Bogdan: look at Chris Hobbs' example. But also look at the tutorial that goes with it:

http://www.gamedev.net/reference/programming/features/win32asm1/

Its a really good tutorial as Bogdan says.

Ossa
Posted on 2003-07-24 11:08:20 by Ossa
It's not that good becouse it's to complex for the beginers also he is not doing some basics such as loading bitmap from file into video memory but some weired thing with his own format.Also There is to many functions in different files so it is hard to look at it.
Posted on 2003-07-24 15:03:36 by AceEmbler
Well since i do not curently have the time to make a tutorial
to suite your needs (please excuse)

I guess you will have to ask questions and I (or others) will kindly answer them.

So get clear simple questions and fire :P
Posted on 2003-07-24 15:30:47 by BogdanOntanu
So,... no questions?
Posted on 2003-07-27 11:21:01 by BogdanOntanu