Hi QvasiModo

My guess is that you did not make the necceccary changes to assembler.ini
Look a few posts up.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-08-01 15:30:57 by KetilO
Hi Ketil,

When you select a block of text, say 5 lines or so, there is now alot of flashing when the mouse moves over the hilited text. Tested on my laptop only, 512MB - 700Mhz P3 - tft display.
Posted on 2003-08-01 15:39:34 by donkey
Hi all

New upload at the top.

- Fixed flicker problem.
- Added AIM_HOOVERTOOLTIP addin message,

KetilO
Posted on 2003-08-01 16:12:49 by KetilO
Hi all

New upload at the top.

- Added code tooltip option.
- Made some checking on section {Code} in assembler.ini. Should make RadASM more robust.
- Added more values to masmApiMessage.api file.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-08-02 10:06:48 by KetilO
I really love the updates made to RadASM. :) Excellent work! :alright:

One particular feature that I like is the collapsing of the if statements, however I noticed
that if the block does not have a newline the block will not open. Small problem, but can
be a pain.
Is it a good idea to possibly apply the same technique to the include files? I would certainly
find it helpful. I picked up this idea from Borlands C++ IDE. In the case of Borlands IDE you
right-click and select Open Source, but I really like your collapsing technique.
Posted on 2003-08-02 11:20:19 by SpEcIeS
Hi Ketil,

I have a little suggestion, now that there are many different code blocks that collapse, it would be nice to be able to use the ctrl key when expanding a proc and have all code blocks in that proc open. The reason is that you now have a choice to expand everything in the file or manually expand all code blocks when you need to see the whole proc. This could also be done for cases where there is a deep nesting of IF/ELSE/ENDIF statements, fully expanding a sinlge ELSEIF block without having to do it manually or open the full code block would be nice.
Posted on 2003-08-02 12:52:14 by donkey
Hi Ketil,

I was just looking at the RadASM.inc file and the RAM_xx messages appear to be full (32 is the max under the current scheme), does this mean that there will be no more message additions or that the return values of InstallDll might change ?
Posted on 2003-08-02 18:56:18 by donkey
Hi donkey

The ecx and edx registers are reserved for return values, so there are still 64 more until InstallDll needs to be changed.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-08-02 19:06:59 by KetilO
Woha... is this a bug? typed a comment, hit return and RadASM added Get ends?
Posted on 2003-08-02 19:10:50 by Gunner

Hi donkey

The ecx and edx registers are reserved for return values, so there are still 64 more until InstallDll needs to be changed.

KetilO
:grin:
So you're saying that at the current update rate I shouldn't worry about it for another week or so:grin:
Posted on 2003-08-02 19:12:34 by donkey
Hi Gunner

Yes, it's a bug. Was shure I had fixed that one.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-08-02 19:16:54 by KetilO
another one... if the word proc was in a comment, RA added:

ret
get endp
Posted on 2003-08-02 19:18:53 by Gunner

another one... if the word proc was in a comment, RA added:

ret
get endp

Yup, it also affects keywords in quotes. I use this:

6=.data,.,,,0
7=.data?,.,,,0
8=.const,.,,,0

to have a collapsible data/data?/const sections and it will fail if there is a . in quoted text.

EDIT:
Another bug in the autocomplete, type anything proc and hit enter

lkdsjf proc

ret

proc endp
Posted on 2003-08-02 22:51:42 by donkey
There were alot of changes made to RadASM recently that provided a few advantages for GoAsm users. The capacity to follow the syntax preferred by Jeremy is now available when collapsing code blocks. The USEDATA code block now collapses properly as well. I have updated the goasm.ini file, the radasm.inc file and the templates to reflect the new stuff in 2031.

Updated with new equates for RadASM.inc (Aug 03)
Posted on 2003-08-03 00:48:24 by donkey
Hi all

New upload at the top.

- Fixed codewrite macro bugs. Assembler.ini section needs changes.
- Added 3 new dockable toolwindows. 2 of them are empty and intended for use by addins.
- Removed hoover tooltip (anoying) and put the text into new info tool instead.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-08-03 10:07:44 by KetilO
That info window is cool! Like it better than a tooltip.

Those 2 other toolwindows are sure to come in handy!
Posted on 2003-08-03 10:20:24 by Gunner
hi,

like new info window. really good for strings!

1) getting GPF when mouse over certain items.
memory referenced at "0x0000000D" etc

happens near lines like this, but not straight away. not sure why.
maybe todo with TBBUTTON

LOCAL tbab:TBADDBITMAP

;Set toolbar struct size
invoke SendMessage, hToolBar, TB_BUTTONSTRUCTSIZE, sizeof TBBUTTON,0

2) format equ tips like myvar = 5
3) make uncomment work with spaces. <spaces>; comment

thanks.
Posted on 2003-08-03 14:36:07 by X05
Yeah, here too Win2K SP4, seems to be when I move the mouse quiclkly if that makes any sense. Bizarre problem as a piece of text will work sometimes and not others, I think it has more to do with the mouse movement than the text.

EDIT: Nope,that's not it, it appears to happen most often when you hover over a proc that has no parameters, ie MyProc PROC

EDIT Again: Yeah, that's it, it can be made to happen consistently if you move over the name of a proc with no parameters. It will gpf when moving the mouse off the proc.
Posted on 2003-08-03 14:48:39 by donkey
Hi all

Thanks for bug reports.

New upload at the top.

- Fixed codeinfo bug.
- Added missing tool window handles to RadASM.inc

KetilO
Posted on 2003-08-03 17:17:22 by KetilO
Thanks Ketil,

You work too hard. Works great, and I really like the new features. Any progress on stopping the Collapse function from looking inside quoted strings ?
Posted on 2003-08-03 17:25:50 by donkey