Hi all,

This is Winasm V1.0.1.4.

What's New

Templates(Thanks maCo)

Here is the mechanism:

1.In the WinAsm Directory you must have a directory named Templates.

2.In the Templates directory you can have as many directories as you want(of courrse!) All the names of these directories appear as Tabs in the "New Project" Dialog. In the WinAsm package you download there are 3 directories by default. Add as many as you wish and you will see their names as new Tabs in the "New Project" Dialog.

In each of these directories you can have as many directories as you wish (of course!). For Example in the "Executable" Directory there are 2 directories now, namely "SDI" and "MDI". If, and only If, in the "SDI" directory there is a project called "SDI.wap" then you see this as template (with the appropriate icon) in the "New Project" list in the "Executable" tab. Same logic stands for any template you wish to create.

When you select to create a new project based on any template (e.g. the "SDI" template) you will be prompted to choose the directory you want the new project to be created in.

3.As you can see the templates are normal WinAsm projects and thus you can open them normally (Open Project) if you so wish (e.g to make any changes).

4.I welcome any template you think is useful so that I include it in future releases.

Other

1.The output window's font now changes according to the Editor font(Thanks Bi_Dark).

2.New menu item in Help for the WinAsm help(must be in the Help Directory-can be obtained from the WinAsm site).

3.Procedure list is not LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS any more.

4.On Minimize Go to system tray is now Optional(Thanks TBD).

5.WinXP Theme support.

6.Updated API Files

7.Various speed and size optimizations

Bug Fixes

1.A small Bug Fix regarding the update of the procedure list.

2.Small Bug Fix:Tools Manager: If one item left blank then all others following are lost(Thanks h4ng4m3).Now blanks become menu separators.

3.Clicking on a line where no text was displayed (because of the horizontal scrollbar position) now CodeHi auto scrolls horizontally(Thanks h4ng4m3).

Enjoy,

akyprian

WinAsm V1.0.1.4 is available at the WinAsm site.
Posted on 2003-07-24 05:28:06 by akyprian
Very good work.

Now,you have to do the Resource Editor.

Manos.
Posted on 2003-07-24 07:09:07 by Anonymous
Hi Manos,

Thanks for your good words.

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-07-24 07:25:31 by akyprian
Thanks Akyprian

I have a question about the Templates directory.
When I choose for example Executable -> MDI
a dialog appears asking me to browse for its path
should it automatically open it without browsing?
Posted on 2003-07-24 12:24:55 by maCo

Thanks Akyprian

I have a question about the Templates directory.
When I choose for example Executable -> MDI
a dialog appears asking me to browse for its path
should it automatically open it without browsing?

Hi maCo,

First of all, the templates was your idea and I forgot to mention it. I will edit the post now to mention it.(As you might have already realized I have implemented most of your requests).

To your question now;I may have not underastand very well (correct me if I am wrong) but the dialog is not asking you to browse for the template path. It is asking you to specify WHERE TO PUT THE NEW PROJECT THAT WILL BE BASED ON THE TEMPLATE. I do not know what OS you have but in WinXP (ie version 5.0 of shell32.dll), for example, the dialog has an extra button allowing you to create a new folder as well.

Please let me know If the answer is satisfactory.

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-07-24 12:58:22 by akyprian
Hi Akyprian,

Everything is working good so far. When I invoke the help file via the menu, the help file is modal: being the topmost window and not allowing access to the WinAsm application underneath. Should\could this be changed to modeless?

Thanks again!
Posted on 2003-07-24 15:51:53 by Masmer
Hi Masmer,

Yes, already fixed. You will have it in the next public release. Thanks!

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-07-25 00:31:11 by akyprian
Hi Akyprian,

Is there the way to disable keyword hightlighting?

Also look better every release. :)
Posted on 2003-07-25 23:24:47 by Bi_Dark
Bi_Dark,

Thanks for your good words. It is the feedback and constructive criticism by all of you that help this product become better. I always welcome opinions.

As far as the keyword hightlighting you can "disable" it partly now by selecting a non-valid keyword file (Tools-options-Files & paths-keyword file). But still you will have "some" highlighting e.g. comments, word separators etc.

I am very curious, btw Bi_Dark, why do you want to disable highlighting ?

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-07-26 08:22:46 by akyprian
I don't like coloring, just black and white would be appreciate. :)
Posted on 2003-07-26 09:34:29 by Bi_Dark

I don't like coloring, just black and white would be appreciate. :)

Bi_Dark,

OK. Will be done.

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-07-26 11:31:41 by akyprian
Hi Antonis
your job are great :alright: , i attacked a picture for my project ( when add new file
into my project,now it is the Untitled.asm, Untitled.asm .
Why don't Untitled1.asm then Untitled2.asm ...)

maCo wrote:
Now,you have to do the Resource Editor.

yes, it is realy nice. hope will soon
Posted on 2003-07-28 21:44:19 by h4ng4m3
3.Clicking on a line where no text was displayed (because of the horizontal scrollbar position) now CodeHi auto scrolls horizontally

when Show Linenumbers then when drag mouse still don't scrollbar :rolleyes:

SC
Posted on 2003-07-28 21:52:48 by h4ng4m3
Hi h4ng4m3,

1.Why don't Untitled1.asm then Untitled2.asm ...)
-Please let me think about it.

2.When Show Linenumbers then when drag mouse still don't scrollbar.
-This was a little a bit difficult to understand but finally I did! OK will be fixed.

Regards and thanks for your good words,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-07-29 02:48:21 by akyprian
Hi akyprian,

I'm not sure if anyone else might have this problem: sometimes when quickly choosing to "rename file" via the Project menu or contextual menu in the Project Explorer, I mistakenly choose "remove file" (as the two choices are right next to each other). Would a MesageBox popping up asking if the user really wants remove the file (Yes\No) be an OK option?

PS: I will be uploading the newest WinAsm help file (alpha 3) in a few minutes. I'll hopefully get it completely caught up this week.
Posted on 2003-07-29 03:03:26 by Masmer
only when "save all file" for my project i don't want to enter newfile (simple click Save)
i'm lazzy:tongue:
and i think when add new file then file would have different name
Posted on 2003-07-29 03:07:59 by h4ng4m3
Hi Masmer,

1.Would a MesageBox popping up asking if the user really wants remove the file (Yes\No) be an OK option?

-OK

2.The new WinAsm help file is very nice. Thanks Masmer for such a great support.

h4ng4m3,

Please give me some time to "decrypt" your request :)

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-07-29 03:40:12 by akyprian
Hi Antonis,

Why not add supports the .wap project file association for double-click?
Posted on 2003-07-29 06:05:23 by Bi_Dark

Hi Antonis,

Why not add supports the .wap project file association for double-click?

Hi Bi_Dark,

There is such support since the the very first release of WinAsm (ex Visual ASM) !

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-07-29 06:10:48 by akyprian
akyprian

There is such support since the the very first release of WinAsm (ex Visual ASM) !

But I can't do double-click on .wap file to open the project (I mean associate .wap file to WinAsm in the Registry so when double-click on the .wap file WinAsm will open with the project).

'do! my English.
Posted on 2003-07-29 06:22:39 by Bi_Dark