Hi

I have a serious problem.
I want take in my application the image of an other application which is outside normal screen coordinates. In fact the other application is invisible for the user.
I have try lot of technique without succes . (Hook, Subclassing, sendmessage with wmpaint message ...).
The only solution that i can imagine is to developp a virtual video card drivers for put the other application in the virtual desktop and in this case i can take the image of the application (because for windows,the application is visible). But this solution is too heavy...

If someone can help me.

This is for a remote control application software, but with the objectives that the application is visible just for the remote user. I want hide application for local user but control it by network and the main problem is to take the image of an application which is invisible...

thank.

Sorry for my poor english ( i am french)

Renaud
Posted on 2003-07-27 12:43:33 by Cyberalle
can't you move the window??

how exactly did you send the wm_paint message? Maybe you should try with GetWindowLong(hWnd,GWL_WNDPROC); and then CallWindowProc(...);
Posted on 2003-07-27 13:48:40 by Ultrano
I can move app, but it's not the problem...
I move the application outside screen coordinates and she is invisible.
I have try already lot of method and too with your function...

Thank
Posted on 2003-07-28 03:48:15 by Cyberalle
I did ask the same some time ago.
Posted on 2003-07-28 04:01:12 by bazik
Thank
but there is no solution in this discussion ... :(
Posted on 2003-07-28 04:17:07 by Cyberalle

Thank
but there is no solution in this discussion ... :(

Yes, because there is no way to copy a invisible device context
Posted on 2003-07-28 04:27:09 by bazik
Yes this is my conclusion. But i am a very perseverent man ;)

There is one solution and she work : Develop a virtual video card driver and extend the desktop ... But it's too contraignant and hard.

Actually i look with CreateDesktop api. I create a desktop and try to get the new device context.... But at this time, i have no result :(

But i try ... :)
Posted on 2003-07-28 04:30:39 by Cyberalle

But i try ... :)

Tell us when you get something working :)
Posted on 2003-07-28 04:48:30 by bazik
yes with plaisure ..
but if someone have a idea.. or some magic asm code ;)
Posted on 2003-07-28 05:01:40 by Cyberalle