What exacly QueryInterface is doing. My DirectDraw prog is not working without it but all the tutorials made in C++ dont call it and are working properly.
Posted on 2003-07-28 06:44:42 by AceEmbler
DX SDK is clearely explaing what QueryInterface does... OMG -- its name explains it clearely ...

C++ tutorials might use the new CoCreateInstance function to go directly to a needed Interface
bsides C++ is know NOT to show everything underneath to the unsuspecting user :)
Posted on 2003-07-28 16:27:10 by BogdanOntanu

DX SDK is clearely explaing what QueryInterface does... OMG -- its name explains it clearely ...

C++ tutorials might use the new CoCreateInstance function to go directly to a needed Interface
bsides C++ is know NOT to show everything underneath to the unsuspecting user :)

Good One:tongue:

And you are exactly right. A prime reason why ASM is making a comeback:confused:
At least I enjoy ASM more for the reason that I see and know what's going on.

For those interested, the book "Inside COM" by Dale Rogerson - MS Press, is an excellent book
to explain what goes on in these cases. Anyone wanting understand COM and/or DX should
read it.
Posted on 2003-07-28 17:01:55 by djinn
djinn, I was just searching for a good COM book to expand my knowledge on and the two books I came across were "Inside COM" and "The COM and COM+ Programming Primer", the later about three times the price and twice the pages... And three years younger... However at 7 USD plus shipping for the book, and a recomendation from someone working in ASM, I know what to do now ;)
Posted on 2003-07-29 00:44:26 by FearHQ