Ye we got the image and all that stuff from camera, we need some good algorithm to trnasfer it. For now we decided just to compress pictures and send them over, but in future, we want to make as video stream as Windows Medio Encoder does.
Posted on 2003-07-31 10:44:17 by masnick[CCCP]
"]
Ye we got the image and all that stuff from camera, we need some good algorithm to trnasfer it. For now we decided just to compress pictures and send them over, but in future, we want to make as video stream as Windows Medio Encoder does.

Well, you should be able to do the same method with picture compression as you did with the sound! The codec's are all together, may want to peek into that. :)
Posted on 2003-07-31 23:17:22 by FunkyMeister
Yes, we did compress them into JPEG. Works pretty well about 5-7 fps -- much better that with the software provided by manufacturer. By the way do you know where can we get JPEG2000 DLL or codec itself. I read that it compresses much better than a simple JPEG. And do you know anything about Motion JPEG and how could we work with it to broadcase video stream over the internet.
Posted on 2003-07-31 23:27:42 by masnick[CCCP]
"]
Yes, we did compress them into JPEG. Works pretty well about 5-7 fps -- much better that with the software provided by manufacturer. By the way do you know where can we get JPEG2000 DLL or codec itself. I read that it compresses much better than a simple JPEG. And do you know anything about Motion JPEG and how could we work with it to broadcase video stream over the internet.

Well, unless you've got a 3G P4 with lots of ram and a T1 internet connection on both sides, I'd avoid attempting to do any sort of MPEG across the 'net. Besides, MPEG is a stream, it's not meant to be streamING. You'll have to deal with file stoppages and unless you interleave the two streams (audio and video) together or have a separate stream of another kind for the audio, you're going to have a big mess on your hands, I'm unaware of anything that streams MPEGS across, Windows Media Player will play them, but it has a bad time when the player hits the end of the mpeg, you get a lot of loss happening.

Look out for: Vivo H.263 Video CodeC, that one is used a lot with webcams. Also, Duck TrueMotion if I recall properly, also does work well with webcams. ClearVideo I don't remember.

Others to look for are msh261 and msh263 (another .263, believe by MS).
Posted on 2003-08-01 23:15:52 by FunkyMeister
Thanx. We'll check out those codecs.
Posted on 2003-08-01 23:52:28 by masnick[CCCP]