hey,
ive been searching around and i havent found anything on programming video games in asm,
i was wondering if you guys could give me some links or informations on the subject,
i do have directx 8.0 sdk (parents bout me a game development starter kit for meh bday) but i dont like ms vc++ or vb so can u give me info because im very new to this subject.

thanks,
njkt
Posted on 2003-07-30 00:15:25 by njkt809
Searching arround? where?
i have seen some threads below this one regarding this subject and ... revealing some gamedev steep by steep tutorials in asm written by Chris Hobbs
Posted on 2003-07-30 04:19:22 by BogdanOntanu
really?
i had not seen those,
ive searched google with nothing to turn up but vb and c++

i'll search here again though,

thanks,
njkt
Posted on 2003-07-30 09:57:34 by njkt809
Besides, if google has sent you here it did good :P

Since from now on all your ASM questions you might have will be answered here ;)

:tongue:
Posted on 2003-07-30 10:09:53 by BogdanOntanu
ug google didnt send me anywhere,
i foudn this through viewing some source code that had icz's wepage and i checked it out, n here i am.

anyways i found the tutroials on gamedev.net

thanks,
njkt
Posted on 2003-07-30 10:18:08 by njkt809
hey,
well i was reading that tutorial and for now it isnt what i want,
i have a sample prog i made in dos that i want to convert to win32
i think i know how, but i just need some info on using pictures and buttons.

thanks,
njkt
Posted on 2003-07-30 10:31:32 by njkt809
So, you want to code a GUI for your game...
Check out the ProStart application in MASM which can generate you a working win32 skeleton with some basic controls, then look at the masm32 library functions such as BmpButton to get something up and running.
When you have your ugly but complete GUI, simply import your source into it and stick your casecode in the Wndproc MessageHandler part of the win32 skeleton. Now add some lines to send WM's to the window controls whenever interesting stuff happens, and you can then go back to cosmetics and make your gui pretty.
In review: begin by creating a complete but ugly gui, then worry about connecting up the controls to your code.
Posted on 2003-08-04 00:02:44 by Homer
hey,
thanks for the info
ive used prostart to make it, and now im getting some more info on strings and everything.

thanks,
njkt
Posted on 2003-08-04 17:25:55 by njkt809
Im planning to made a Game too. Im entering pMode, I think I have upload the File somewhere. Now Im still studying math.
Posted on 2003-08-29 06:19:52 by realvampire
Hola,

There is a ton of information on making games in assembly...

One of note is NeonHelium Productions (aka nehe)
nehe.gamedev.net

But I'm not sure if you wanted to write 16 or 32 bit games so give me a hint and I'll give you a few more links or either

Sliver

-----
ps. ^------ This is for opengl site
Posted on 2003-09-12 11:53:09 by Sliver