I've heard that Microsoft opend their API sets' source files.
Is it TRUE?

But, i cant' see anyone who got the source files and knew where those are.
How can i get those source files? :confused:
Posted on 2003-08-03 17:06:18 by Yeori
I have never heard of this.
i can't imagine they would, it defies the m$ way of thinking.

Maybe they will give their source for a few $$$.
Posted on 2003-08-03 17:15:30 by RobotBob
I can't see them doing that, it would be effectively open sourcing Windows (or at least a big part of it). They have talked about scrapping a large part of the API and moving it to scripts in order to advance their mission to kill any original programming that is not theirs. Used to be a thread about it somewhere around here.
Posted on 2003-08-03 17:19:01 by donkey

I have never heard of this.
i can't imagine they would, it defies the m$ way of thinking.

Maybe they will give their source for a few $$$.

You can get the source if you have the money. I know MS has given source for Windows CE to colleges before.
Posted on 2003-08-03 17:32:01 by Mecurius
only to governments and under strict NDA
Posted on 2003-08-03 18:24:33 by Hiroshimator
but if you blow it you assies will be out...

"only to governments and under strict NDA"

that's is exactly what i have always believed every since XP came out...

The deal was ... Hey UNCLE i got a way for you to spy on anyone machine "as long as they got XP".

See they got to come to me to EVEN attact even to install a new floppy drive.. So you know what to do from THERE... but them dame ASM programmers is kicking my assies sometimes.

But while the getting is good... how about dropping a few of those Law Suit... Hee Hee

But on the real sice i still like and respect M$ and Windows because all most of it programs arn't that strong at all outside of Excel. I got programs that make Word for Windows look sick, so that tells me at lease Windows is really half way dame FAIR because they can't even out do for there own OS.

That means it's up to a Win32 Programmer and not just M$ people.

Thanks to Mr. Gates
Posted on 2003-08-04 00:13:35 by cmax
I believe your referring to the settlement of the DOJ suit against M$. M$ agreed to disclose the hidden API's it was using for it's own apps, so that, everyone else could use them too.

A major disappointment, in that, they were ones most developers were using anyway.

Regards, P1 :cool:
Posted on 2003-08-04 10:30:55 by Pone