maybe this sounds stupid. but i really dont know what the name of soldering iron companion, in english of course. but, i would like to know a lot, since i dont know much too. uhm... maybe every tool you used in repair, in soldering, in desoldering (dil package chip, and smd), smt reworks, and much more which frankly i dont know what its name in english. anyone would help me, please?

Posted on 2003-08-04 06:22:28 by dion
Hi dion.
Look at It is a site of manufacturer.
Posted on 2003-08-05 07:23:18 by MikDay
Ask away.

dil, usually shows as, dip = Dual In-line Package, a standard through hole Integreted Circuit (ic).

smd = surface mount device

smt = surface mount technology

Regards, P1 :cool:
Posted on 2003-08-05 09:00:53 by Pone
MikDay: thanks, but it didnt covers all equipment :(

Pone: but, how do i ask something that i dont know the name? i wish theres some site that put a picture and a name of it. all about electronic components and tools. any?

Posted on 2003-08-05 21:06:26 by dion
Soldering Iron Companion:
Base Station
Desoldering Braid
Solder Sucker
Tip Cleaning Wool
Methy Ethyl Badstuff
Posted on 2003-08-06 03:09:34 by eet_1024
tweasers?? same like nose plier?

flux.... for ease joining something?

doh! i dont know the name of ...??? indonesian call it "timah". what you call it?
Posted on 2003-08-07 06:09:22 by dion
Use this link to Electrosonic's catalog. You should get an idea.
Posted on 2003-08-07 11:24:46 by VVV

dikes? diagonal cutters.
Posted on 2003-08-07 14:40:04 by drhowarddrfine