Hi guys this isn't asm related but hopefully someone may be able to help me.

I have a hard drive partioned into 3. I have a second drive with only linux partitions on it. Anyway I was messing in the bios screen (I know, I know) and when I booted back into WinXP it seemed to reinstall the drives or something. It didn't really tell me what it was doing. So it did what it did and it ended up changing the driver letter of my drive with all my development apps. Needless to say this has screwed up a lot of paths, to the extent that unless I can change it back I think I'll have to reinstall everything.

I think I remember once somewhere seeing an option to change a drive letter, but I've no idea where, or even if it was that for sure. Does anyone know if this can be done.

Thanks guys.
:stupid:
Posted on 2003-08-07 23:21:19 by Eóin
My computer -> right click -> manage -> Storage, Disk Management :)

Thomas
Posted on 2003-08-08 04:59:38 by Thomas
That worked like a charm, thank you very very much :) .
Posted on 2003-08-08 06:34:51 by Eóin
Also, if you ever have this problem again, due to re-partitioning or adding hardware or whatnot, Powerquest's Partition Magic package comes with a utility that scours the registry and files correcting drive letters. I've only ever used it after using Partition Magic, but I think you can use it by itself after manually making changes. The program is a little pricey but imo it's well worth it.

It's worth mentioning anyways. :)
Posted on 2003-08-08 09:47:54 by Will