Hi KetilO

"Find Declare" is useful when you are reading and changing your code. I which a simular feature when you are writing code. For example you are writing "mov eax,offset szString"
szString is not declared. Rightclick on szString and choose menuitem "Goto Declare". At the same time szString is copied to clipboard. Paste szString at desired location and do necessary completings. Then rightclick again and choose menuitem "Return". The properties box is updated and you are back to continue coding.

I guess this is not an addin but a completing of RadAsm code around "Find Declare" and "Return". Is it possible?

Best regards
Posted on 2003-08-11 06:08:40 by minor28
Hi minor28

Good idea, except for updating properties, that will have to wait a few releases until I can do a on the fly update of code properties.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-08-11 06:19:50 by KetilO

Hi minor28

Good idea, except for updating properties, that will have to wait a few releases until I can do a on the fly update of code properties.

KetilO

In all fairness.. i dont think this is a strong necessity. Im mean, you look and see your new proc is not in the code properties window. Two clicks later it is.

If you can do this, great! But if there is a strong comprimise or draw on processing time for other things, I dont think it needs to be a big thing to upgrade.

BTW: Off topic, but i just put radasm and your latest download on my laptop. For some reason when i define a new proc "SomeFunct PROC" the autocomplete finishes up with "PROC ENDP". Im sure i did something wrong in the MASM.INI.. but i cant tell what it is..

:NaN:
Posted on 2003-08-11 20:32:28 by NaN
Hi NaN

Here is the section in masm.ini

;KeyWord,InsertBeforeActiveLine,InsertAfterActiveLine
;{I}=Copy indent from keyword line
;{C}=Cr
;{S}=Space
;{T}=Tab
;{$}=Copy Proc/Struct Name
;The macros are set up to assume AutoIndent on
1=.if,{T},{C}{I}.endif
2=.else,{T},
3=.elseif,{T},
4=.while,{T},{C}{I}.endw
5=$ macro,{T},{C}{I}endm
6=$ proc,{T}{C}{I}{T},{C}{I}{T}ret{C}{C}{I}{$} endp
7=$ struct,{T},{C}{I}{$} ends
8=$ struc,{T},{C}{I}{$} ends

I guess line 6 is missing the $ in front of proc.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-08-12 01:38:14 by KetilO