Hi
Truely a very Great tutorial, I've learnd a lot:alright:
I just wanna know when the next Chapter is going to be published.

I wrote a program using the knowledge I got so far from this fine fine ... tutorial, & it's working as expected, do you think that I have to convert it to non-blocking mode, or you belive in the saing 'if it aint brocken don't fix it'.

Best Regards
Posted on 2003-08-13 16:01:18 by mistronr1

Hi
Truely a very Great tutorial, I've learnd a lot:alright:
I just wanna know when the next Chapter is going to be published.

Thanks :), the next chapter release date is always a great mistery, it depends on my free time, my mood and other things so I wouldn't know.. I hope it's faster than the usual months but I always say that :rolleyes:...

I wrote a program using the knowledge I got so far from this fine fine ... tutorial, & it's working as expected, do you think that I have to convert it to non-blocking mode, or you belive in the saing 'if it aint brocken don't fix it'.

It depends on what you want with your program. If it's just to get experience, try to rewrite it using different techniques, just play with it.. If it is for a specific purpose then it depends on the type of program. Blocking is okay for low traffic servers that don't need high performance..

Thomas
Posted on 2003-08-13 16:58:38 by Thomas
Hi again

the next chapter release date is always a great mistery, it depends on my free time, my mood and other things so I wouldn't know.. I hope it's faster than the usual months but I always say that ...

Take your time sir, I don't want to presure you, I'll just read the tutorial in hand again & again, there is allways somthing I missed;)

It depends on what you want with your program. If it's just to get experience, try to rewrite it using different techniques, just play with it.. If it is for a specific purpose then it depends on the type of program. Blocking is okay for low traffic servers that don't need high performance..

Yes it's a very low traffeced application, it's supposed to send strings for- & back-ward, I am planing to use Stunnel+OpenSSL to optain security.

I think I speak for everyone on this board when I say 'We really appriciate what you have done' keep up the good work.

Best Regards
Posted on 2003-08-13 19:38:36 by mistronr1