Has anyone here heard about agent oriented programming?

I read about it in a magazine and they said its an upcoming paradigm, better than oop.

the article talked about stuff like agents have their own personality and intelligence and stuff but didnt give any examples in code.
the few links to web sites it provided were of commercial development enviroments for aop which didnt give any explanation to it what so ever?

i cant seem to find anything good on google too.
so can anyone give me a little explanation or some example code or a link to a nice explanatory site to it?
Posted on 2003-08-13 16:37:44 by clippy
is that like "if you're sloppy and lazy you may forego exception-handling because your bugs will also be too lazy to occur?" :grin:
Posted on 2003-08-13 16:55:27 by Hiroshimator
LOL, but isn't Windows already using it? (It sure has a (b)itchy attitude/personality )
(no offence to any one but windows: ) Or is Windows a women with big "monthly problems" and a damn regular mood (some times it lets me login but sometimes I don't even see the log in dialog, sometimes talking nice to it works :/ (Yes I know I'm goind mad, talking with my computer ;)) )
Posted on 2003-08-13 17:32:28 by scientica
It figures a talking paper-clip would be interested in such things ;)
Posted on 2003-08-13 21:44:04 by NaN
i was not joking about this stuff.
there is agent oriented programming.

www.agent-software.com.au
Posted on 2003-08-14 16:18:10 by clippy
I dont mean to offend, i was only joking at the irony ;)
Posted on 2003-08-16 09:35:04 by NaN
NaN,
I am not offended at all. :) In fact i enjoyed the jokes :)
I was just seeing that the thread was wandering off its intended topic without any discussion at all.
Posted on 2003-08-20 15:50:26 by clippy
Discussing an ultra-HLL approach in a win32asm forum... And wondering why there's no talk about it :D

Just as a personal preference, I like good old structural programming with the occasionnal class (such as a linked list)
Which is probalby why I'm here :)
Posted on 2003-08-20 19:05:19 by FearHQ

Discussing an ultra-HLL approach in a win32asm forum...
Could you tell me an ultra-hll forum where i can discuss this, because i really do want to :)
Posted on 2003-08-22 02:58:17 by clippy
Perhaps some C# or VB type forum? They seem to be hl. Just my opinion, don't be offended... I just hate those 'draw your own code and not understand anything about it' approaches... And that's mostly what I see with those type of languages.

Well, that's the end of my rant for the month, now let's never speak of this again. :o
Posted on 2003-08-22 03:26:01 by FearHQ