I realize this post is too "newbie" to be in this forum...but here 'goes...
I have just installed Radasm. It looks great and I am amazed at how far things have come. I have a bunch of old TASM code that I used to write in notepad and compile in a dos window. I am trying to load my old asm files into
Radasm. Is there some simple setup guide for Radasm. No matter which code I load in, the makefile makes the same exe. I'm sure I need to change some config file somewhere...but not sure where or whichone. A little setup walk through would be great! thanks...:confused:
Posted on 2003-08-15 01:11:05 by evenings
Hi evenings

If you have tasm installed to C:\Tasm and RadASM installed to C:\RadASM then no setup is needed.
You can however make tasm the default assembler:

1. Open RadASM.ini
2. Change the following:

Assembler=masm,fasm,tasm,nasm,hla,GoAsm

to:

Assembler=tasm,masm,fasm,nasm,hla,GoAsm

To fully take advantage of RadASM's features you must create projects from your files.

RadASM does not use make by default.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-08-15 01:38:58 by KetilO
KetilO...Thanks for your response...I realize now the key is the projects directory. I have copied a directory with
all the code needed to build an asm program into the projects directory, however, even after restarting
Radasm..that directory doesn't show up (although it does show up in windows explorer). What is required
to make a directory show up in projects within Radasm. I am using v. 2.0.3.1. Also, I have seen a reference
to a Radasm.chm (help file)...is this available? Thanks for all your work on this project! I think I'm almost
there! ;)
Posted on 2003-08-15 12:13:06 by evenings
Hi evenings

You need to create the project (New Project on the File menu).
The help file can be downloaded from my website. Click the button below.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-08-15 12:35:49 by KetilO
Hi Ketil,

We were affected by the same power outage as NewYork and about 100 Million other customers in North America, the server just went back up at around 10 am EST so he may not have had access to it.
Posted on 2003-08-15 13:12:10 by donkey