Greets,

I'm sure it's not new news, but for me I just learned of it on Slashdot a few days ago...

www.xgamestation.com

It seems to be a home, built-it-yourself game console kit, complete with and SDK to make games (of the SNES era).

I'm not an electrical engineer, but I am a software engineer, as I've been looking for an original NES SDK and can't find one (its obvious why) this strikes me as a great way to go about making a specialized console game.

From the build-it-yourself console angle, the fact you get all the schematics and and all, what's youre opinion of this device?

This is version 2 (according to Andre Lamothe). V.1 was an 8-bit CPU, this an a 16, and he says v.3 (release 1.0) will be 32-bit.

Any opinions?

Thanks,
_Shawn
Posted on 2003-08-17 15:06:31 by _Shawn
wow! great site and great graphics!
Posted on 2003-08-17 21:15:03 by dion

Greets,

I'm sure it's not new news, but for me I just learned of it on Slashdot a few days ago...

www.xgamestation.com

It seems to be a home, built-it-yourself game console kit, complete with and SDK to make games (of the SNES era).

I'm not an electrical engineer, but I am a software engineer, as I've been looking for an original NES SDK and can't find one (its obvious why) this strikes me as a great way to go about making a specialized console game.

From the build-it-yourself console angle, the fact you get all the schematics and and all, what's youre opinion of this device?

This is version 2 (according to Andre Lamothe). V.1 was an 8-bit CPU, this an a 16, and he says v.3 (release 1.0) will be 32-bit.

Any opinions?

Thanks,
_Shawn

Nice :D, how much does it cost? $$
Posted on 2003-08-26 19:38:40 by x86asm

Greets,

www.xgamestation.com

Any opinions?

Thanks,
_Shawn

Nice :D, only $99 (Supposedly US funds), still attractive I would definitely consider buying one of these since I am unable to build anything similar since of lack of PCB making materials.
Posted on 2003-08-26 19:41:31 by x86asm
awesome! both site and product. Just when I needed some cool design to get inspiration in my designs :)
If I had the money, I'd buy the product immediately :alright:
well, I'd prefer to have it 32-bit, or else I'd prefer to code in C.
Posted on 2003-08-27 04:05:22 by Ultrano