hey,
well it royaly sucks for me to say this but i think ima have to switch to c++ for this project, because of the large amount of tutorials and such for 2d game programming that are on the net.

im going to leave asm until im in college so im better equiped.

later,
njkt

( assembly will always rule over c++ though :alright: )
Posted on 2003-08-22 21:06:34 by njkt809

well it royaly sucks for me to say this but i think ima have to switch to c++ for this project, because of the large amount of tutorials and such for 2d game programming that are on the net.

You can try to translate them into asm.
I started with C++ & DX7 book, translate "by hand" C++ examples into asm.
Really there's no big differense beetwin both languages, when you just call standart API.
Try to understand what C instructions really do, then you shuldn't have any problems with asm.
If you use DX you need just one thing: some macro that invokes DX COM methods.
There are totorials about it on the board
Or try to start with GDI grafics. *NaN and Thomas object model* supplied with RadASM is one of good things to start if you wish to use OOP. This example use some grafics, too
Posted on 2003-08-22 21:40:03 by S.T.A.S.
hey,
lol i tried to learn c++ once upon a time n it was harder than asm for an odd reason.
i will give that a look.

i was planning on learning c++ and then translating it into asm after i was finished lol
but im going to take college for programming then take a game programming college afterwords, so even if i dont get the asm part now i got college later :alright:

later,
njkt
Posted on 2003-08-22 21:47:21 by njkt809

Best webpage on file formats: The Programmer's File Format Collection :alright:

Thanks Quasimodo!!!
Posted on 2003-08-23 08:56:36 by ABitLazy